Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Journeys by Flor De Gonzalez Robusto

This is a discussion on Journeys by Flor De Gonzalez Robusto within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; -No pics for this one, sorry guys. Still under post count! -I'm still quite new to cigars. I'm hoping logging ...

Young Puffer Fish someonestruth's Avatar

Journeys by Flor De Gonzalez Robusto

-No pics for this one, sorry guys. Still under post count!
    -I'm still quite new to cigars. I'm hoping logging my experiences for myself and sharing with you guys will help me along

Alright, so I got this stick in a sampler. The last stick I smoked out of this sampler I wasn't a fan of at all so I was a bit hesitant going into this stick.

Prelight:I see quite a few veins in this stick, though they're all pretty small. The stick is actually quite smooth in my hand. Getting the smell of black pepper from this. Quick sidenote, I really like the band on this stick, real classy looking. Black band with some gold and light gray accents.

First 1/3: My nose doesn't lie! Light up and I'm getting some peppery notes. My biggest complaint with the last Flor De Gonzalez I smoked was the draw being incredibly tight. Not the case with this stick. If I had one word to describe it so far, smooth would be it. The farther into the stick I get the more pepper I'm getting.

Second 1/3: The pepper is actually getting quite intense at this point. I'm starting to worry because its almost getting a bit much for me. As I get past the 1/2 way point in the stick the pepper actually dies down quite a bit and I'm just getting a real mild tobacco flavor. Not an overpowering flavor by any means.

Final 1/3: The pepper is still here but just slightly. Mostly just plain old tobacco. I smoked this stick just about to the nub. Most of the cigars I've had got pretty harsh at this point but this one stayed nice and mild throughout. There was almost a slight sweetness to the end of this stick that was pretty pleasant and kept me puffing.

Ending Thoughts: Honestly, it was pretty enjoyable. I came in very hesitant but I liked this stick. I think this would be a great stick to smoke with company. The flavor wasn't too complex and I feel like I could enjoy everything this stick offers while in the middle of conversation with friends. I have one more of these in my humidor and I look forward to lighting it up a couple months down the line 7/10

Re: Journeys by Flor De Gonzalez Robusto

Thanks for the review. I got these in a sampler pack once, about 5. I loved them, I got a taste I called "banana nut bread" in them. I almost got a box, but they were too inconsistent stick to stick. Keep the reviews coming.