Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore Review

This is a discussion on Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore ( 5" x 50 ) I picked this cigar up during the Newbie Sampler ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore Review

Cigar:
    Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore ( 5" x 50 )
    I picked this cigar up during the Newbie Sampler Trade with Protekk. He was kind enough to send me some of his favorites and this was one of them. Thanks Mike. This cigar retails online for right about $8.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a beautiful medium brown wrapper with minimal veins and excelent seams. There was one or two veins running underneath the wrapper that were noticable and had a small tear in the wrapper very close to the cap which didn't affect anything. The feel was nice and firm with no noticeable soft spots. The smell was almost non-existant, just a faint tobacco or hay aroma. After clipping the cap the draw was just about perfect and left no flavor. I lit the cigar, which took quite a while, with a soft flame lighter.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started off with a little bit of leather and earthiness, but settled down after a couple of puffs to a very light toast and cream. Even though the flavors were very light they had a long finish that was excellent. There was a ton of smoke given off on the draw. The ash fell after about an inch an a half.

Into the second third, the cigar changed picking up strength in the flavor being a very well balanced creamy, cocoa with an amazing finish of maybe caramel or honey. The ash again fell right after the end of this third.

The final third, the flavors changed dramatically into a very strong, full flavored, deep, rich, and smooth coffee. At the start of the final third there was just the faintest amount of nuttiness in the finish that continued to get stronger and more noticeable till the end.

The burn was very straight, almost razor sharp throughout the entire length of the cigar. The total burn time down to the nub was just about an hour and a half.

Final Thoughts:
    This had to be one of the best cigars I've had to date. The perfect burn and draw accompanied by an amazing flavor profile, this was just outstanding. My favorite part was the middle third, where I feel the flavors were just perfectly balanced.

Below is the burn progression

Oh NO! Oh MY! Oh Wait.... itsjustkevin's Avatar

Re: Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadore Review

One thing that is constant about Curivari is the absolute beautiful burn with them. I will smoke a Curivari tomorrow now just because of this thread, thanks for jolting my memory! Good review btw

Very nice review Brent. This cigar sounds great. Going in my "to try" list!

On my must try list now as well. I have had the cafe limitada line and they are outstanding as well