Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I never thought I would say this, but.....

This is a discussion on I never thought I would say this, but..... within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I smoked a $1.75 cigar today that truly blew my mind! I've been smoking now now for about 15 years ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

I never thought I would say this, but.....

I smoked a $1.75 cigar today that truly blew my mind! I've been smoking now now for about 15 years and have come to appreciate a good medium-full bodied stick that, as of lately, cost anywhere from $6-$10! These were my everyday smokes and let me tell you, it gets expensive quick! A buddy of mine at our B&M brought me a stick today and said to try it. I knew the price going in and figured, okay, I'll smoke this dog rocket just to please him.

Well, I have to say that this cigar was outstanding! It was well constructed, had a great draw, and burned perfectly. The taste was just what I was looking for in a daily smoke. Needless to say, I am buying a couple of bundles of these bad boys! And I can only imagine what a couple of months rest would do to these. So if you're looking for a low priced daily smoke, I definitely recommend JR CUBAN ALTERNATIVES LA GLORIA CUBANA CORONA CIGAR: JRCigars.com

What a smoke!

I never thought I would say this, but.....-rg_6401.jpgI never thought I would say this, but.....-photo-3-.jpg

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Re: I never thought I would say this, but.....

It's it great to find a cheap alternative! Glad you found one that you enjoy and doesn't bust the bank.

Leading Puffer Fish

Yup. JR Alternatives are awesome. I remember getting them 10 years ago.

I have noted that by declaring my likes of certain inexpensive cigars, the curiosity causes a run on the brand and an increase in the cost.

That said, I am off to buy some JR Alternatives!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Leading Puffer Fish

In that case I'll tell everyone how much I like El Productor and White owl so that while they're buying those I'll be free to finally get my hands on some No.9s!

When I traveled to NJ frequently I'd always stop at the JR in Parsippany and would always walk out with a couple bundles of their altrenatives. Very decent smokes for low price.

Thanks for sharing this. I know there are a lot of us always looking for an affordable smoke that tastes great.

Full grown Puffer Fish cavscout98's Avatar

Cool, might have to give one of those a go sometime.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

JR Alternatives are great buys and excellent cigars. It does take some experimentation to find what fits your palate but when you do = it's a home run. Just know that every Alternative is not going to be a hit but don't let that discourage you. They are inexpensive enough to experiment with till you find your "go to".

PS - my fav so far is the JR CC Alternative Monte #2. Nothing like the real deal but a great golf course cigar!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!