Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pinar Del Rio Clasico Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Pinar Del Rio Clasico Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Pinar Del Rio Clasico Robusto Review

Temp: 88* F very windy
    Date/ Time: 9 June, 2012/ 2:15 PM
    Drink pairing: Coke
    Lighter/cutter: Ronson/ Cuban crafters perfect
    Storage: 65% rh for 1 month

Appearance/Construction: The 5x50 Connecticut shade wrapper is a light tan. Very soft, smooth wrapper with minimal veins and nice tight seams, with a nicely applied double cap on top. There are no soft spots and the cigar has a nice even pack at the foot.

Prelight: The draw is slightly looser than I prefer, but at least it isnít too tight. I donít really taste much on the prelight draw, except for a little sweetness and a very light tobacco.

First 1/3: very creamy, slightly sweet. Tons of smoke. mild-medium. The aroma is nice, it just smells like a good cigar lol.

Ĺ: A nuttiness shows up and comes to the forefront. The finish is very clean and smooth. Little pepper on the retrohale. Creaminess comes up more.

Last 1/3: The flavors donít really change, but they intensify. The nuttiness and woodiness come to the forefront and there is a slight creaminess in the background.

Overall: This is a nice mild-medium smoke, which I prefer when I smoke something lighter in body. This is one of the few conneticut wrapped cigars I really enjoy, so I keep them on hand all the time. Thanks to tyler (Wallbright) for bombing me this smoke so I could review it!

Re: Pinar Del Rio Clasico Robusto Review

nice review Neil. i've got a few of those calling my name.

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Re: Pinar Del Rio Clasico Robusto Review

Sounds like a cigar I'd like to try. Thanks for the review!