Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady Review

This is a discussion on Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady ( 7" x 38 ) I picked up a box of these just about ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady Review

Cigar:
    Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady ( 7" x 38 )
    I picked up a box of these just about a month ago. Since then it has sat in my coolidor at about 62% RH. The MSRP on this cigar is about $6 but right now they are selling for a box on CI for $40 which puts them at $2 a stick.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar has a very nice light connecticut shade wrapper with some small/medium veins running throughout. The seams were very well done as well as the cap. The feel of the cigar was nice and firm with no noticeable soft spots. I used a punch cutter to cut the cap and the draw was a little on the tight side. The flavor, pre-light, was just sweet tobacco because of the sweetened tip. I lit the cigar with a triple flame lighter.

The Smoke:
    For the first third, the cigar was leather that transitioned earth and quickly to toast with small amounts of pepper. The sweetness on the tip was a strange mix with the leather. The ash would fall just about every inch and the burn was fantastic.

The second third was very similar to the first loosing the earth and was a little bit creamier. The sweetness on the tip was gone by this time. The ash was still falling about every inch and the burn continued to be very even.

In the final third, the flavors picked up quite a bit and changed to a moderately bitter coffee sometimes with hints of leather. Sometimes the bitterness was stronger than others but shorter slower puffs helped. The ash still fell at about an inch and stayed even. The total burn time with about an inch left, was about an hour and a half.

Final Thoughts:
    I thought this cigar was pretty good. While the final third wasn't my favorite it still wasn't bad. Many people will probably be turned off by the sweetened tip, so you may want to take that into consideration.

Re: Kinky Friedman 'Sweet' Kinky Lady Review

Been curious about Kinky Friedmans for some time now. I love a good lancero but maybe the larger RGs are better?

Sorry, I was too distracted by your new avatar to comment further....
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.