Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Arganese Maduro Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Arganese Maduro Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Arganese Maduro Robusto ( 5" x 50 ) I picked up a bundle of these just about a month ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Arganese Maduro Robusto Review

Cigar:
    Arganese Maduro Robusto ( 5" x 50 )
    I picked up a bundle of these just about a month ago from the devil site. Since then it has sat in my coolidor at about 62% RH. Looking online puts these at about $1.50 a piece but I was able to find it even cheaper.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar looked pretty rough. The wrapper was a very dark brown, almost black, with a discolorations like the wrapper had been dragged around on sand papper and a small hole about an inch from the foot. The wrapper was toothy with an oily finish with small to minimal veins and nicely done seams. The feel of the cigar was mostly firm with some slightly softer spots that definitely looked hand rolled. The smell was, as my wife put it, like crap. Actually it was medium barnyard smell. Upon punch cutting the cap, the draw was just about perfect and gave off some barnyard flavors. I toasted and lit the cigar with a soft flame lighter. Forgive the triple flame lighter in the pic, that one ran out of fuel so I switched.

The Smoke:
    The first third started out with mostly leather with a tiny bit of chocolate on the finish. As the cigar progressed towards the second third, the ratio of leather to chocolate steadily changed in favor of the creamy chocolate. The ash fell right at the end of this third. The burn was good, wavy and strayed a few times but always caught up to be straight again.

The second third ditched the leather and picked up a great smooth coffee finishing with creamy chocolate. The flavors stayed the same until the end of this third where the ash also fell. The burn was the same as the first third.

In the final third, the flavors got stronger and changed to a slightly bitter espresso. Sometimes there was a slight nuttiness. The ash held on to where I stopped and the burn continued the same as always.

Final Thoughts:
    I thought this was a good cigar, and for the price, a great cigar. While the construction had much to be desired, it didn't affect the burn or the flavor of the cigar. I'd highly recommend this cigar to anyone interested in the flavor profile. If you're not impressed, you're not out a whole bunch of money.

Below is the burn progression

Re: Arganese Maduro Robusto Review

Great review as usual and love the new avatar!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Thanks on both counts

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Just smoked the one you put in the blind pass. It was interesting that we both picked up on a lot of the same flavors and nuances. Even better to see these are an affordable everyday smoke. Great review!
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    Just smoked the one you put in the blind pass. It was interesting that we both picked up on a lot of the same flavors and nuances. Even better to see these are an affordable everyday smoke. Great review!
    You guys should try another cigar and see if you do it again, if so you may have found a profile partner to help find cigars you both like.
    The Krazy Kanuck