Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig

This is a discussion on Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This is my first review.. I throughly hope you enjoy it.. My drink of choice was: Stevens Point Brewery Drop ...

Targets locked on... Phil from Chicago's Avatar

Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig

This is my first review.. I throughly hope you enjoy it..

My drink of choice was: Stevens Point Brewery Drop Dead Blonde

Start Time was: 6:30pm
    End Time was: 8:15pm

Appearance: Dark wrapper with few stems or veins throughout. Very Oily for sitting in the Humidor for 3 months. Nice little piggy curl on top. There was one spot where there was a broken looking hole but it didn't affect my thought. 4 of 5 stars

Construction:
    Very firm with little or no soft spots within the stick that I could feel. 5 of 5 stars

Flavor:
    The first pre-light draw was very tasty with hints of chocolate and cedar.

The first puff produced an amount of smoke that I was not use to for sure.. Very smoky but in a good way..

1st Third:

The first third started out very sweet with hints of chocolate and earthy flavors.. Almost like I was on a farm. Very even burn the whole way thru the 1st third with additional leathery notes towards the start of the second 3rd. Not to overpowering but strong hint of nicotine which I liked actually. Very smokey and on the first retrohale(that I ever did) I experienced heavy pepper and cedar flavors which made the cigar kind of creamy to me.

2nd Third:

The flavors are starting to increase and the nicotine level is getting very strong but still not overpowering for even the noob smoker like myself. Very peppery and still very creamy. This retrohale brought out a flavor I would describe as molassaes with a hint of chocolate. Still very creamy and the smoke is thick and still amazing to me.

3rd Third:

The full flavor of this cigar is now in full swing and I am loving it.. Very much like the first two thirds but with more chocolate flavor and a ton of woodsy/earthy/cedar flavors.. A ton of creaminess and peppery flavor on the third retrohale with a hint of the leathery taste I had early in the first third.

In Conclusion:

This cigar is top notch and I can see why members on this board and throughout most of the online cigar world rave about it.. It has all the flavors packed into one time bomb that is waiting to go off. My tongue is still shell shocked and in need of repair... or more beers.. Overall the cigar delivered the flavors I expected. If I had to score it based on my noobiness I would rate it at a 4 out of 5 stars!

Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed my 1st, but not last review.

Phil from Chicago

Full grown Puffer Fish burritosdaily's Avatar

Re: Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig

thanks for the review! I love reading the first reviews because I still have to write my first.... you've set the bar high. Also, you've added to my desire to get my hands on one of these little guys.

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Great review Phil! Now if I could only get my hands on one of those little piggies!

Targets locked on... Phil from Chicago's Avatar

thanks!!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ants's Avatar

Great review Phil, and great pics. Keep em coming!

Leading Puffer Fish

Nice review Phil! And nice ashtray contraption...

Spot on, Phil! Love the FFPs and I think you did a great review. Bravo!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Excellent review, Phil! Well done and now I must find one of these out for myself. Your gonna have to explain this TAD purchase to my lady though...
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Connecticut Puffer

I had my first one of these this weekend, great cigar

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Great review of a great cigar

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for a great review. I think you nailed the flavor profile beautifully. I love how the flavors and strength gradually increase as the diameter of the pig increases until that sweet spot is reached. This stick feels great in your hand when you smoke it as well. That classic DE firmness/hardness. It is great gauge and length. Can't wait for the chance to smoke another!

Nice review. I find many Liga Privada cigars uninteresting, and the Feral Flying Pig is no exception. To each his own, I guess.

Great first review. Good job. Based on your review I will try this cigar and I think that is what reviews are all about.
    "Man made laws to set you free on earth but is God satisfied
    Will your lawyer talk to God for you?" Kitty Wells

Just a quick follow up. I went by Two Guys in Salem, NH today and smoked one of these. i sat in one of their overstuffed leather chairs and watched an episode of Law & Order. Wow, what a great smoke. So thanks again for your review.
    "Man made laws to set you free on earth but is God satisfied
    Will your lawyer talk to God for you?" Kitty Wells

Nice review, cant wait to try one of these

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast