Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Four Kicks Corona Gorda Review

This is a discussion on Four Kicks Corona Gorda Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Four Kicks Corona Gorda ( 5-5/8" x 46 ) I picked this cigar up a couple weeks ago as ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Four Kicks Corona Gorda Review

Cigar:
    Four Kicks Corona Gorda ( 5-5/8" x 46 )
    I picked this cigar up a couple weeks ago as a 5-pack. Since then it has sat in my coolidor at about 62% RH. When bought by the box these are between $6-$7.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a very evenly nut brown colored wrapper with a few smaller veins running throughout the wrapper. The seams were very good but not perfect. The feel of the cigar was firm with no noticeable soft spots. The smell of the cigar was very woody with a slight hay smell. I punch cut the cap which gave a pretty tight draw with a slightly sweet tobacco flavor. I toasted and lit the cigar with a soft flame lighter.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started off with leather that faded to earth and cocoa and an underlying spice. As the cigar progressed the flavors seemed to be slightly different with every puff with (in no particular order) toast, wood, earth, cocoa, creaminess, and nutmeg. This was just "wow" amazingly good. The ash held on for about two inches and the burn was great.

The second third continued in the same vein as the first third with a myriad of flavors. The ash held on about an inch and a half and the burn continued to be great.

In the final third the predominant flavor was coffee/espresso with only a very little bitterness. There was some chocolate and spice that I also picked up on. There was no change with the burn and the ash held on for about an inch and a half. I smoked this one all the way down to the nub which took just under an hour and a half.

Final Thoughts:
    I absolutely loved this cigar and I'd put it as one of the best ones I've had so far. The price just makes this even better. I did notice some of the color coming off on my finger but don't know if that means anything. It doesn't affect my opinion of the cigar.

Below is the burn progression

It's a trap!

Re: Four Kicks Corona Gorda Review

Damn Brent this stick sounds amazing! I've heard it mentioned before on the forum but can't find a place that ships up here north. After reading this I'm going to do some more looking for a retailer. Solid review as always.