Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Liga Privada Undercrown Review

This is a discussion on Liga Privada Undercrown Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

Liga Privada Undercrown Review

Undercrown Robusto
    First Impression
    The pre- light draw was unrestricted and pleasant
    This appears to be a very well constructed cigar
    Tight wrapper, even colour small veins in the leaf

First Third
    Very rich
    Coffee/ coco flavour first impressions
    Peppery retro hale
    Sweet undertones on the retro
    Leathery room note
    Very consistent burn, nice smooth even draw
    Cedar undertone

Second Third
    Sweet cedar
    Still nice even burn
    A little fruity
    Leather undertones
    Cedar
    Get to the way mark and notice a crack in the wrapper not affecting the smoke

Last Third
    Wrapper coming undone a little still tasty cigar little uneven burn
    The crack is deeper and affecting the smoke a bit
    But the flavours from the first and second thirds seem to have married very nicely for a whole new flavour profile
    The crack is chasing its way down the rest of the cigar and is affecting the smoke even more; I did not finish this cigar.

Final Thoughts
    Talking to some in vherf while smoking this I expressed my enjoyment for this cigar but it was recommended that I try a different vitola
    Which may have less wrapper issues. I would certainly recommend this cigar and will probably buy a box. Without the crack I would give this cigar an 8.5/10 but due to the construction issue I will give it a 7/10
    Liga Privada Undercrown Review-025.jpgLiga Privada Undercrown Review-028.jpgLiga Privada Undercrown Review-032.jpgLiga Privada Undercrown Review-033.jpgLiga Privada Undercrown Review-024.jpgLiga Privada Undercrown Review-026.jpg

Re: Liga Privada Undercrown Review

Nice review John! I have 5 of this exact size sitting in my humidor and this review makes me excited to try one. Hopefully I won't experience the construction issues you encountered.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

well this was my first LP anything but i was assured this is not typical

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Great review, John! Pretty much dead on from the one I smoked yesterday. Liked it enough to get a box tonight. Great flavor, slow sharp burn, nice and smokey..

Kruz you should light one up sooner then later if you have yet to smoke one.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

I tried my first one yesterday, first of any LP for me. It was a great smoke, definitely one of my favorites.

One of my favorites. Love the sweetness
    Veni Vidi Vici

You're right. Life is short and I have some friends over tonight. If the weather is nice those LP will burn!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Great review, John! Pretty much dead on from the one I smoked yesterday. Liked it enough to get a box tonight. Great flavor, slow sharp burn, nice and smokey..

Kruz you should light one up sooner then later if you have yet to smoke one.

Great review! I have one of these that's been siting in my humi for a while. I thinks me will indulge!
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Maturing Puffer Fish toofewbullets's Avatar

ditto.. im pulling one of these out for this friday night.

Puffer Fish with some spikes kra961's Avatar

Picked an Undercrown, t9, t52 and a FFP today from the local B&M, his humi runs a little wet so Im hoping by the 4th to be able to give them a try. Heard so much about them I'm really looking forward to trying them. Good review thank you
    Why is it we never seem to have the time to do something right the first time but always seem to have the time to do it over again.