Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liga Privada UF-13 Review

This is a discussion on Liga Privada UF-13 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This is my first cigar review so bare with me! Liga Privada UF-13 Received this cigar from DE/LP after some ...

Liga Privada UF-13 Review

This is my first cigar review so bare with me!

Liga Privada UF-13
    Received this cigar from DE/LP after some of my Feral Flying Pigs were damaged in shipping. After receiving these I learned they are a pretty limited.
    -Age unknown
    -Time in humidor: 5 weeks
    -Humidor conditions: 63-64% RH, 68 degrees
    -dry boxed: 12 hours at 58% RH

Construction:
    Very good looking cigar. Very few veins, no soft spots, nice oily wrapper. Wrapper is lighter in color than all of the Liga's I've smoked. All and all what you expect from a higher end LP cigar, looks AMAZING!

Pre light:
    A cold draw and smelling gave off a cedary taste with a nice sweetness to it! Very excited to smoke this cigar! Ive been waiting since the day I received them!

Setting, cutter, lighter and drink:
    -Paleo Carbon Fiber cutter
    -Ronson torch
    -Water with a squeeze of lemon
    -Outside on the back patio (keep in mind its very humid right now in Nebraska)

Time to get down to business!

First third
    Typical for a Liga Privada cigar, smoking like a pig! Lots of resting smoke and lost of smoke produced from every puff! The flavor was predominately spicy cedar with a hint of coffee and/or caramel. I couldnt really put my foot on it. Very interesting smoke. Not like the Feral flying pigs ive smoked.

Second third
    First thing I notice is this is a strong cigar. Im currently on a diet so no sugary drinks to help against the nic hit! The spice is still dominating this cigar and the flavors are pretty faint. What I can taste seems to have a caramel and nutty taste. The cigar is drawing really well but the burn has been inconsistent. I think this is mostly due to smoking in a high humidity environment. A few touch ups, nothnig major!

Final third
    This cigar is really hitting me hard at this point. My smoking pace has slowed. The spice is still dominating the cigar but Im getting more of a leathery, sweet finish. Which was quite intriguing! The nutty flavor isnt present anymore but hints of caramel are coming out more with the leathery finish.

Smoking time: 1 hour and 20 mins

Conclusion
    This LP was unlike any of the others Ive smoked. It was slightly disappointing to be honest. The spice was to dominate for me. It was by no means a bad cigar but it isnt what Im into right now. I would prefer a T52 toro or a Feral Flying Pig over these any day of the week! As for the burn issues, I credit those to smoking outside in Nebraska where the humidity is around 80%

Thanks for reading my first review, welcome to comments, questions and suggestions!

Re: Liga Privada UF-13 Review

Great review, Michael! I'm curious. Is the UF-13 a stalk cut habano wrapper? How does it compare to, say, a Dirty Rat? That's the only habano wrapped LP I've had.
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

You have no idea how envious I am right now. Seriously.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

I would love to try one! Good to see another Puffer from Lincoln, didn't know if there were any around.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Great review , I hear you on the nicotine punch on your diet. Im hoping after you smoked that you went and ate big mac.lol

Alpha Puffer Fish

I have 2 of these resting in my humidor right now too. About 4 weeks on them but i am going to try to wait till it gets cooler outside (around sept/oct) to try one. Similar situation. Had issue with a few #9. JD And the crew hooked it up. I have plenty of the LP#9 and the FFP to hold me until then. Sounds like this is going to be a challenge
    to power through for me as well if the flavor profile is what you say it is. If i try it in sept and my review matchs yours the other one will have to rest another half a year or so before i give it a go (mellow it out). Or i can always trade it away for something else i havent tried. Time will tell. Good 1st review by the way.
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Great review, Michael! I'm curious. Is the UF-13 a stalk cut habano wrapper? How does it compare to, say, a Dirty Rat? That's the only habano wrapped LP I've had.
    I dont know much about the UF-13, I tried finding information about it online and wasnt successful at all. Ive never smoked a dirty rat so I cant compare the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    You have no idea how envious I am right now. Seriously.
    I was pretty lucky to get these. Did you happen to read my tread about how long it took and all the screw ups along the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
    I would love to try one! Good to see another Puffer from Lincoln, didn't know if there were any around.
    Born and raised in Lincoln. What part of Lincoln are in you Dave?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4pistonjosh View Post
    Great review , I hear you on the nicotine punch on your diet. Im hoping after you smoked that you went and ate big mac.lol
    Lol, Sorry Josh but I came in and had a scoop of natty peanut butter and a protein shake!
    Quote Originally Posted by meatcake View Post
    I have 2 of these resting in my humidor right now too. About 4 weeks on them but i am going to try to wait till it gets cooler outside (around sept/oct) to try one. Similar situation. Had issue with a few #9. JD And the crew hooked it up. I have plenty of the LP#9 and the FFP to hold me until then. Sounds like this is going to be a challenge
    to power through for me as well if the flavor profile is what you say it is. If i try it in sept and my review matchs yours the other one will have to rest another half a year or so before i give it a go (mellow it out). Or i can always trade it away for something else i havent tried. Time will tell. Good 1st review by the way.
    Very good idea. The heat plus the fact im on a very strict diet made this strong cigar an even bigger challenge. Time to mellow these bad boys out is a smart!

Thanks or the feedback. I tried to include everything I could in the review.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Can't believe I missed this review. Nicely done and exciting to see a review on such a rare stick.
    It's a trap!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Excellent job, brother! It stinks that you had the issues that led to procuring the stick, but what a treat to have DE come through and offer a really limited bonus in return. Excellent first review and hope to see more! you guys and your liga reviews are not making my wallet happy!
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Quote Originally Posted by hachigo View Post
    Can't believe I missed this review. Nicely done and exciting to see a review on such a rare stick.
    You didnt miss it! I posted it late last night. I wanted to review a cigar that not many people had smoked. I googled for other UF-13 reviews and couldnt really find any others on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysalti View Post
    Excellent job, brother! It stinks that you had the issues that led to procuring the stick, but what a treat to have DE come through and offer a really limited bonus in return. Excellent first review and hope to see more! you guys and your liga reviews are not making my wallet happy!
    Thank you! It was a headache waiting to get the cigars but worth it in the end. DE seems to have top notch customer service!

Also to others reading the review please be sure to check out the noob review contest thread here:

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...er-voting.html

Read the 4 other reviews and vote for your favorite one!

Nice review ya phaggot

I live just up the road from Bryan east. I am guessing from the picture off of your deck, you live in south west lincoln right off of the bike trail? Maybe off of 14th?

I live just up the road from Bryan east. I am guessing from the picture off of your deck, you live in south west lincoln right off of the bike trail? Maybe off of 14th?
    In that picture I'm looking at tee boxs on firethorn (holes 14 and 16 tees are both there) I'm house sitting though. I personally live behind campbells nursery on 56th and pine lake!

I wish I could find more information on this cigar but I can't find anything.

Damn I thought I made a great guess! Confused the golf cart path for a bike trail. Still good to have another puffer in Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rpb16 View Post
    Nice review ya phaggot
    Thanks brah!
    Damn I thought I made a great guess! Confused the golf cart path for a bike trail. Still good to have another puffer in Lincoln
    It was a good guess. Do you ever go to Teds or Jakes to smoke? Theres another lincoln guy thats pretty active here. His name is Jimbob. Hes also from Lincoln. We'll have to organize a little herf session.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast