Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Punch Bareknuckle Elite

This is a discussion on Punch Bareknuckle Elite within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Just a quickie review of the Punch Bare knuckle Elite - 5.2" X 45 RG for those who want to ...

Punch Bareknuckle Elite

Just a quickie review of the Punch Bare knuckle Elite - 5.2" X 45 RG for those who want to try them.

A new Habano wrapped Punch cigar is a very dark maduro colored wrapper that had one prominent vein and a dull toothy appearance.

I wanted to try these because I am a big Punch EMS fan, and CI had my vitola for $50 a box.

Like I said the cigar is toothy and a little rustic looking, but a nice band down on the foot. In a nut shell the cigar lives up to the punch rep, full bodied and quite strong nic wise. This cigar reminds me a lot of the Padron X000 series naturals. Lots of cocoa, wood and leather that starts out a little harsh, but smooths out after the first inch or so. All in all a tasty smoke that will probably benefit from a few months humi time. Not a cigar for noob smokers. Enjoy
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Re: Punch Bareknuckle Elite

TY John - I had wondered about those and I started out on Punch London Clubs and Elites (maduros) - great cigars for the price!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice quick write up thanks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

It seems like Punch is throwing their hat into the fuller body sweepstakes. I welcome a new Punch blend and will definitely give this one a shot.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

i have to try this. i also started on the elites (yummy)

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

Really enjoy the Punch line. I'll have to give these a try.

Just noticed a bit of an anomaly on the CI Punch Bare Knuckle ad:

Punch Bareknuckle Cigars - Cigars International

Take a close look at the pictures in the ad, something is not right...or am I seeing (or not seeing) something????

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

lit cigar with an inch of ash, "smoking" and the cap isn't cut or punched??? LOL

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Yes, amazing what you can do with Photoshop!

I'm surprised that no one at CI picked up on this, or maybe it's an Easter egg...

I'll try smoking my next one like the ad, and if it doesn't smoke right, I'll demand a refund for false advertizing!!!! LOL

Actually, it's a pre-release ad for their two new propietary cutters - the ninja and the flute. The ninja is a punch that you can't see - it smokes but no hole. Neat huh?

In this picture you see an example of the flute punch. The flute punch is used on the side of the cigar rather than the cap, which alleviates problems with getting plugged with tar. Note that there is a bunch of smoke just above the band - the flute punch was used right above the band.

Upon release they will be selling the flute punches with the latest cigar from the makers of the Fighting Cock - simply called "skin."
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

TJM

Just smoked the Punch Bareknucke Elite courtesy of Johnny Rock and I must say, this cigar was incredible. I have it rated 95...Here are my notes

-Lit very easily, lots of thick smoke

-Started off a little rough but after a few puffs it mellowed to

-Cap leaves a sweetness on the lips

-Little bit of pepper bite through the nose with some licorice after taste

-Extremely smooth with some sweetness to it, some nice cocoa taste, espresso

-Flavors sit on palette long but in a good way

-Perfect burn so far, maybe the best yet for me. No touchups, no relights, even burn

Young Puffer Fish

Informative thread. I enjoy the Punch EMS but I've never had any other Punch cigar. I'm debating if I really want to pull the trigger on this (20 elites for 50 bucks).