Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by nikonnut I'm just curious if it's close to being a poor mans Liga I need something cheaper ...

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Re: Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    I'm just curious if it's close to being a poor mans Liga I need something cheaper than No.9 robbies for my everyday smoke,
    yes,i actually thought that while smoking my very first one the other day! A second one, with old Salty and Cave Dave, confirmed it....
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E Dogg View Post
    Call it, see what they say. He must be the man behind 5 vegas. I think 5 vegas is CI exclusive isn't it? Come on, call it!!!!
    ?Really?? I Love this Genesis...never have been a fan of the 5 Vegas line.....
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by doomXsaloon View Post
    yes,i actually thought that while smoking my very first one the other day! A second one, with old Salty and Cave Dave, confirmed it....
    That's awesome! I think I shall order a box this weekend then Thank you, Ken
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Quote Originally Posted by doomXsaloon View Post
    great review...i smoked a few ROTT already and I love this stick....def my new fave....
    The doomXsaloon has spoken...Game. Set. Match.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    I'm just curious if it's close to being a poor mans Liga I need something cheaper than No.9 robbies for my everyday smoke,
    Word!!! Chris, I've got ten coming from Eric via trade, I'll let you know my thoughts on 'em. I'm really, really hoping these will be a decent No.9 substitute, but I'm keeping low expectations. These are after all, CI's new hype stick, which doesn't really bode well!

On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Ok, so I'm smoking one now. I got the box of robustos yesterday, took off the cello and put it in my 65% desktop humi over night.

I smokes and tastes like, to me, the Tatuaje Fausto blend. Very full bodied with dark fruitiness, espresso, and earth. Great burn and construction with an uncannily even burn line and very firm head, as well as inch long barrels of solid ash. It's getting better better in the last third, which is where I am now.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    ...I smokes and tastes like, to me, the Tatuaje Fausto blend...
    I think I have one. I'll have to dig it out and see. Nice take on the smoke.

Puffer Fish with some spikes RockDevil's Avatar

Eric, definitely agree with your take on this stick. Ordered a box a couple weeks ago and just finished smoking one now. Definitely dark and oily, but also smokes a lot closer to 60rh than I'd have thought. Nice chocolatey flavors, almost like a dry cocoa, with a bit of nuttiness. Excellent, excellent burn, holds firm for better than an inch, lots of smoke, lingering taste on the palate, and there's a bit of vitamin N towards the final third. I'll say a solid high 80's now, with a chance at low 90'swith a few months rest. In fact,that N is starting to hit me a bit, so i am gonna end this now and go grab a root beer, haha. Highly recommendable at $3 per stick!

I was just about to write my review until I stumbled upon yours. I'm adding some of my notes, hope you don't mind. I smoked the torpedo (6x52).

Pre lit, very attractive cigars stellar appearance, nice dark chocolate brown on the wrapper. I was immediately expecting a flavor bomb. The construction is very solid, and appears to be stiff. I got these in this week and was worried they may have needed more time before the burn. This was not the case.

1/3- i agree with you, sweet flavors with a slight pepper undertone. Although, my draw was effortless, with lots of smoke. Was burning pretty quick, thought I would be done in 30 minutes. Ash was flakey but held on into the 2nd stage.

2/3 - the pepper undertone fades. Flavor is now earthy, with toast and coffee grinds. (was my favorite part). The burn starts to slow down, but continues to draw with ease.

3/3 - as I entered the final stages the cigar really hits you with great flavor and balance. I got strong espresso notes with a slight sweetness. I let it take me until I couldn't hold on anymore.

I would rate this cigar in the high 80's, going to let the rest sit to revisit in couple months or so. With some time it may hit the 90 mark. I went out and bought a 5er, but the prices i've seen you get a much better price per stick with a whole box. Definitely worth the price tag to have a few on hand.

Young Puffer Fish

Thank's for the reviews I will be looking to order some of these cigars soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2