Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Steve Saka's Liga Privada T52 Toro Review

This is a discussion on Steve Saka's Liga Privada T52 Toro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Liga Privada T52 Toro ( 6" x 52 ) While Steve Saka was off on a business trip I ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Steve Saka's Liga Privada T52 Toro Review

Cigar:
    Liga Privada T52 Toro ( 6" x 52 )
    While Steve Saka was off on a business trip I snuck into his private humidor and snuck out a T52. Okay, not really, but I was sent this cigar by Mr. Saka himself and he states that it was about 3 years old. Thank you very much for this. I reviewed one sample of a T52 before but had problems with it due to my humidor. I only had this one for a day and decided it was a good time to get reacquainted with the T52. Looking online puts this cigar around the $12 range.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a medium dark redish brown wrapper with varying shades, minimal veins and an oily sheen. The seams were excellent. I always love the way Liga Privadas look. I don't know what it is about them, they are just dang pretty. The feel of the cigar was firm with a dense pack and no noticeable soft spots. The smell of the cigar was a medium hay and barnyard smell. I punch cut the cap which gave a nice, slightly firm draw. I toasted and lit the cigar with a soft flame lighter.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started off with some leather and earth but after a couple puffs settled down into some rich earthy chocolate with nutmeg and a nice mild underlying spice rounding it off. The burn was slightly wavy but very even. The ash fell just under two inches.

The second third continued in the same vein as the first. The burn continued to be very good and the ash again fell just under two inches.

The final third transitioned to rich, creamy, non-bitter coffee with some chocolate and nuttiness in the finish and the mild underlying spice. The nic kick started creeping up on me in the final third, finishing pretty strong. The burn continued to be very good and the ash fell right as I stopped, with about a half inch left. The total burn time was an amazing two and a half hours.

Final Thoughts:
    I finally get the T52. I found this cigar to have excellently construction, excellent burn, and an excellent flavor profile. I found this cigar slightly better balanced than the No 9. In short I loved it. Thank you again Mr. Saka for giving me the chance to revisit this cigar.

Below is the burn progression

It's a trap!

Re: Steve Saka's Liga Privada T52 Toro Review

Thanks for the review! I cant wait to get my hands on one of these!

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

great review brent

Pale Horse

Great review Brent! Also, props to Drew Estate/Steve for taking such care of you!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    Great review Brent! Also, props to Drew Estate/Steve for taking such care of you!

Well done, sir! I have a #9 I've been sitting on, and now I must grab on of these on the next trip to the b&m. Thanks for the review!
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html