Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 Review

This is a discussion on Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 Size:6.5x52 Wrapper:Nicaraguan Corojo Binder: Nicaraguan Filler: Nicaraguan Body: Med Full to Full Strength: Full Smoke Time: ...

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 Review

Cigar: Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
    Size:6.5x52
    Wrapper:Nicaraguan Corojo
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Body: Med Full to Full
    Strength: Full
    Smoke Time: 2 hours
    Price: $12-$16

Thanks goes out to Justin (jaysalti) for sending me this stick as part of a noob review contest. I would have never tried this if it was not for him. I have recently smoked the 2006, 2009, and 2012 just to give myself a taste of this line. This is by far the best of them all. It is a large smoke, and took me two hours to burn. I enjoyed this cigar while drinking an awesome Virgils rootbeer (which Justin also sent me, thanks again), and while smoking some baby backs on the grill, which is my favorite time to enjoy a cigar. Something about cigar smoke, and charcoal/hickory smoke is a match made in heaven! So onto the review.

Construction/Appearance:

/5
    The cigar has a beautiful wrapper. Its is a milk chocolate color, and has very pronounced, dark veins. It has some mass feel to it, and feels like it is well rolled. The bunching appears to be a slight bit off on one side more than the other. The cigar smells like cedar, and dark chocolate. 4 sumo smileys out of 5 only because of the bunching issue... here is the pic to show what I mean.

Re: Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 Review

Smoking Experience/Flavors:

/5

First off, I had a few burn issues, and they all relate to how the cigar was bunched. I had a few runs, and a wavy burn line. I had to touch it up twice, but not a huge deal. For the price tag on this cigar, no burn issues should ever come up, but things happen, no biggie. As for flavors, this cigar was exactly what I like. Very full bodied. It started out med full at first, then kicked up to full about and inch in. I have to say this is on the full strength side as well. I never got sick, or dizzy, but I noticed the power because I was on an empty stomach, which I like. Flavors ranged from chocolate, to dark chocolate, to wood/cedar, to leather. The flavors complimented each other very well, and changed back and forth alot, which I loved. The cigar kept me guessing, and I really enjoyed it. The draw was good, a little more resistant at first, but after it heated up, I was good. Not a huge amount of smoke output unless I double puffed. Good solid full bodied stick for the full bodied junkies like me! 4 out of 5 hungry smileys only because of the burn issues.

Overall:

/5

This was a great cigar, and I am glad I had the chance to smoke it. I love full bodied cigars with lots of flavor changes. Personally, the price tag is a bit much for what it is. Not bashing Tatuaje, but I can get just as good of a full bodies smoke like a Fausto/Avion (which I like better anyways) for 8-10 bucks. All in all, I would absolutely recommend this to any of the puffers who love full bodied smokes. 4 dancing llama's out of 5 overall.

And the pics:

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Glad you enjoyed the stick, brother! I was surprised at how smooth this smoke was overall and how it transitioned through the flavors so well. Bummer about the burn, but good to hear it wasn't too bad. I plan to snag a few more of these and will def look into the avion / fausto sticks next time through the b&m. Gotta a '09 In the on-deck circle and excited to see how it compares. Great review!
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

This I one of my all time favorite sticks! Well written!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Justin, the smoothnes was something I forgot to mention. The flavor changes were very smooth. I enjoyed how every few puff the flavors were shifting. I think the burn issues were just a random bunching problem, not a huge deal at all. Its just my opinion that if I pay more than 10 bucks for a stick it be the best constructed cigar in the world. There will always be a few bad apples with hand made products like these.

Brandon, thanks for the compliments. I really enjoyed it as well, but not as much as the Fausto... now thats one of my favorites!