Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse Review

This is a discussion on Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse ( 5.6" x 48 ) I picked this cigar up about a month ago as ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse Review

Cigar:
    Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse ( 5.6" x 48 )
    I picked this cigar up about a month ago as part of a five pack. Since then it has sat in my cooler at about 62% RH. Looking online puts this cigar around the $8 range, but I was able to pick it up for slightly less.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a nice medium brown wrapper with a slightly velvety finish, a couple medium veins, and excellent seams. When I picked up the cigar it felt noticeably heavy in my hand. It had a very dense pack giving a very firm feel with no noticeable soft spots. The smell of the cigar was almost nothing. I punch cut the cap which gave a very good firm draw. I toasted and lit the cigar with a soft flame lighter.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started off with a great mix of earth, wood, and chocolate with some spices like nutmeg. The flavors were were in the medium/light-medium range. The burn was almost razor sharp and the ash fell almost at the end of the first third.

The second third was a continuation of the first third. Somewhere around the half-way point, the flavors became a solid medium. The burn continued to be excellent and the ash fell right around the end of the the second third.

The final third picked up some nice semi-strong but smooth coffee with a decent amount of nuttiness. They continued this way till the end. The burn was razor sharp to the end and the ash fell with about a half inch to go. The total burn time was just a hair under two hours.

Final Thoughts:
    A great Nicaraguan cigar. The flavors were particularly smooth and the burn and construction speaks for itself. One thing I wasn't expecting out of a cigar of this size was a two hour burn time. All in all, I loved it.

Below is the burn progression

It's a trap!

Explorer of fine things.. Quine's Avatar

Re: Illusione ~cg:4~ White Horse Review

As I see no one has replied, I just wanted to say nice review. I have a bunch of these and they are among my favorites, though a little pricey for an every-day smoke. They smoke about 60-75 minutes for me depending on the weather (burn faster in wind), so you are also to be congratulated on how slowly you manage the process!
    ...and a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke! -- Rudyard Kipling "The Betrothed"

Nice review, this guy is next on my "smokes to smoke" list.

Targets locked on... Phil from Chicago's Avatar

nice review for sure.. I need to pick some up

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    As I see no one has replied, I just wanted to say nice review. I have a bunch of these and they are among my favorites, though a little pricey for an every-day smoke. They smoke about 60-75 minutes for me depending on the weather (burn faster in wind), so you are also to be congratulated on how slowly you manage the process!
    Thanks for the response. I do tend to smoke very slowly but not on purpose.
    It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by hachigo View Post
    Thanks for the response. I do tend to smoke very slowly but not on purpose.
    I have smoked most of the Illusione lines, and I agree that they are very slow burners. The 68 (petit corona) take almost 45 to an hour! Good cigar for the price. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice review Brent!