Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 Review

This is a discussion on Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 ( 4" x 48 ) Box Pressed I received this cigar from the_brain ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 Review

Cigar:
    Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 ( 4" x 48 ) Box Pressed
    I received this cigar from the_brain in a generous bomb about two months ago. Thanks Ian. Since then it has sat in my cooler at about 62% RH. Looking online places this cigar around the $11 range.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a very dark brown wrapper with minimal veins and excellent seams. The cigar had a very dense pack and very firm feel with no noticeable soft spots. The smell of the cigar was a moderate barnyard smell. I punch cut the cigar and the draw was just about perfect with just natural tobacco flavors.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started off with a blast of pepper and chocolate. After a few puffs it settled down into a great mix of chocolate, coffee, and wood with a moderate amount of spice. The flavors were very distinct and nice. The burn was pretty good with a few strays.

In the second third, creamy coffee became the main flavor with moments of chocolate and cedar in the retrohale. The flavors were slightly more muddled in this third. The burn remained pretty good with some straying and the ash fell after about an inch and a half.

The final third of the cigar was mostly strong coffee with cedar in the retrohale. The burn was still pretty good and the ash again fell after about an inch and a half. Towards the end, the nic seemed to sneak up on me and was pretty strong. The total burn time down to the nub was just about an hour and a half.

Final Thoughts:
    This was a very good cigar, but for me, the price tag wasn't justified. Maybe I just can't make out some of the nuances, but it just didn't do it for me (taking into account the price).

Below is the burn progression

It's a trap!

Re: Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 35 Review

thanks for the review Brent, i'm really looking forward to trying one of these some day.

I have always loved the Padron Anny series... but you are 100% right about the price. Alot of coin for what it is.
    Good review!

As always great review Brent. I am a huge fan of the '64s and was wondering about these. From your review it sounds like they are not worth the price (your opinion of course). I would be curious to hear what you would buy at this price point before getting a 26 maduro.

I like reviews with a lot of pics.. Nice review Brent.!
    They are good, and the construction with the anny's is amazing. But I have to agree about the price point.
    Cheers

Another great review. I think I'll stick to the '64's and the XXXX's. I sure do love the look of Box Pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
    As always great review Brent. I am a huge fan of the '64s and was wondering about these. From your review it sounds like they are not worth the price (your opinion of course). I would be curious to hear what you would buy at this price point before getting a 26 maduro.
    I haven't tried the 64's myself, and actually this was my first padron. As far as cigars at this price point, that I'd get...hmmmm...any of the Liga Privadas. Actually there are a ton at lower prices that I'd buy before this one such as four kicks, illusione, warlock, undercrown, PDR Capa Madura, etc...
    It's a trap!

Thanks Brent. I have some four kicks on the way and am really excited to try them!

Quote Originally Posted by hachigo View Post
    I haven't tried the 64's myself, and actually this was my first padron. As far as cigars at this price point, that I'd get...hmmmm...any of the Liga Privadas. Actually there are a ton at lower prices that I'd buy before this one such as four kicks, illusione, warlock, undercrown, PDR Capa Madura, etc...

My favorite non cc short smoke. Excellent stick.

I like the 64's, never smoked a 26 but have some in the humi that I need to try.
    The price won't bother me as much, they've been in the humi so long that I forgot how much I paid for them!!
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

That's a good tactic Mark! lol

Quote Originally Posted by IBEW View Post
    I like the 64's, never smoked a 26 but have some in the humi that I need to try.
    The price won't bother me as much, they've been in the humi so long that I forgot how much I paid for them!!

Your review is well done; however, I respectfully disagree about the perceived value. Despite the price, Padron Anniversary cigars are actually quite high on my value scale. It's very expensive to care for bales of tobacco inventory for five to ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan King View Post
    Your review is well done; however, I respectfully disagree about the perceived value. Despite the price, Padron Anniversary cigars are actually quite high on my value scale. It's very expensive to care for bales of tobacco inventory for five to ten years.
    No worries. Everyone has their own opinion.

To me, if a company can come out with a better product for cheaper, even if has less age, I would go for that one. Again, there may be a lot of this cigar I still can't taste/experience because I'm still relatively new, but my opinion at this time is the one I wrote above.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    It's a trap!

Thanks for the review Brent! I really enjoyed it and will have to give this one a try one day!