Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Arturo Fuente Exquisitos Review

This is a discussion on Arturo Fuente Exquisitos Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Arturo Fuente Exquisitos ( 4.25" x 33 ) I received this cigar from TampaToker about a week ago in ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Arturo Fuente Exquisitos Review

Cigar:
    Arturo Fuente Exquisitos ( 4.25" x 33 )
    I received this cigar from TampaToker about a week ago in a MAW. Thanks Chris. Since then it has sat in my cooler at about 62% RH. Looking online places this cigar around the $2 range give or take.

Initial Impression and Light:
    This cigar had a light brown wrapper with minimal veins, what looked like a folded over foot, and a semi-pointed cap. The feel was pretty soft with a moderately loose pack. There was almost no smell, maybe a light hay. I cut the cap with a guillotine cutter which gave a good draw with almost no flavor. I toasted and lit the cigar with a soft flame lighter and it lit quite easily.

The Smoke:
    The cigar started with a blast of pepper which calmed down to a moderate strength after a few puffs. Here the flavors were a lot of toast, wood, and a little bit of carmel. The burn was very even and the ash would fall after about an inch.

In the second third, the flavors started to pick up strength giving wood and earth with a bunch of spice. The burn and ash continued the same.

The final third was mostly the same as the second third picking up a slight bitterness and some notes of coffee (very faint). The burn and ash continued the same. The total burn time was just about forty five minutes.

Final Thoughts:
    I thought this was an okay to good cigar. Nothing spectacular but nothing really wrong with it either. It may be something to try if you want a shorter smoke and for $2, you aren't out too much if you don't like it.
    It's a trap!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Arturo Fuente Exquisitos Review

nice review. I have 5 of these on the way and I'll follow along with your review while I smoke one.

G

Re: Arturo Fuente Exquisitos Review

Great review Brent. I like these cigars. They aren't spectacular like you mentioned but they are a good short cigar to have with a beer and just relax.