Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tatuaje Fausto Esteli Review

This is a discussion on Tatuaje Fausto Esteli Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This cigar is rolled tight though has a great draw. It has a mild and sweet tobacco flavor on the ...

Tatuaje Fausto Esteli Review

This cigar is rolled tight though has a great draw. It has a mild and sweet tobacco flavor on the pre-light.

First impression on the light is lots of smoke, very harsh on the retro, looking at about 2% that I can do, about 8% though it'll burn like a bitch. To give you a comparison, I can do about 95% of a fuente hemingway. There is a lot of spice on the front and middle of the tongue along with the back of your throat. It has a clean finish, with just a little lingering spice. It has a mild/medium body of the smoke flavor, somewhat an earthy leathery mix. What that means is it tastes how I remember dirt on the side of a steam tastes, along with leather shoe laces.

About 1/4 in, and the spice has toned down a bit, as well as the harshness. I'm up to about 15% retro though a bit of harshness at that point. It's got a light/sweetish leather with some good autumn rotting leaves earthyness. The construction is great, getting about an inch-inch and a half before I figure I better ash.

As I'm around half way, my mouth is coated in a tobacco/earthy taste. My tongue is tingling with the spice/pepper, though not overpowering, about medium strength. This has been an ok stick, nothing blowing my socks off, though somewhat enjoyable for someone who's not into the spice/pepper scene.

As I finish the stick, the pepper/spice is coming in more heavy, though not too overpowering. Overall, decent stick, I can see that if you're a lightweight where it comes to nicotine you may have some issues. It was not bad. Not my cup o tea though not too bad.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Tatuaje Fausto Esteli Review

Great review. I've been seeing people buying these a lot so I was wondering how they were.

I like these quite a bit after sitting at an RH in the low 60's for a few months and find the short churchill, which is the smallest RG at 48,to be the best expression of this blend.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Young Puffer Fish

I tend to like full strength but the two I have smoked had more strength than taste. I am a Tat fan but will not buy the Fausto again

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mannish View Post
    I tend to like full strength but the two I have smoked had more strength than taste. I am a Tat fan but will not buy the Fausto again
    Don't know which Fausto you had, but the 127 in the Robusto size is a little more toned down than the 153(Toro) & the 166(Churchill) sizes. Those last two are like smoking jalapaenos laced in gunpowder.
    Try the 127 or the Avion & you may have a better experience if you smoked one of the other sizes.

BTW- Good review hardcz
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Funny how different strokes for different folks works.... These are one of my favorite Tatuaje cigars. The Avion and Fausto both blew my socks off!

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

The trick to these is retrohale, the flavors really open up. I smoked one yesterday and if I didn't retrohale it just tasted like dark chocolate, it's over a year old and the spice has settled down quite a bit. I found best results when retrohaling while blowing a little smoke out of my mouth...for a cigar that is soo strong it has some delicate flavors hiding in there. I will say this though, the first 1/3 is nothing to write home about, it really gets good in the last 2/3.

From yesterday, solid ash:
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Salty's Avatar

I enjoyed that review. May try that one. I love the 127 and the avion. I love the spice. The only reason I have not gotten a box is that I am fairly new to this lifestyle, and I am expecting my palate to change. I am having a robusto with dark roast coffee right now. Great way to start the day.
    I didn't invent the slippery slope, but I am working on perfecting it.