Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto review.

This is a discussion on Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto review. within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Thanks to gojohnnygo for bombing me with this and several more cigars that I will review later as I smoke ...

Full grown Puffer Fish zenbamboo's Avatar

Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto review.

Thanks to gojohnnygo for bombing me with this and several more cigars that I will review later as I smoke them. I have tried one of these once before a couple of years ago and I recall enjoying it. All Gurkha hype aside I think it is a solid cigar worth keeping a few around.

Appearance: The very neatly wrapped double perfecto had a silky wrapper with few veins. The seams were nice and tight. The cigar was firm and packed very well.

Aroma/Taste: Lighting up was easy and even a pre-light cold draw was nearly perfect with even such narrow openings on both ends, yet I decided to clip the head back just a wee bit. The wrapper and foot gave off a wood and leather aroma. On light up I was greeted with a little pepper and spice and cedar. The cedar really comes forward in the taste and I actually find it rather comforting. This cigar is more on the medium side of taste but still light enough for me that I can envision smoking it with a steaming cup of dark roast in the morning. As the cigar progresses the cedar gradually shifts to an oak taste, but without any bitter tannin. The spice subsides towards the end, but it smoked well up to the nub. all in all a decent cigar.

Name:  2012-09-15_21-17-54_941.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  67.7 KB
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -- President Ronald Reagan

Puffer Fish with some spikes kuntry08's Avatar

Re: Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto review.

This is actually one of the few Gurkha sticks that i like. To me the smoke was buttery and chewy. I was definitely surprised by these.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Re: Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto review.

Nice review Scott. I basically agree. I had one this week on the ride to work, went well with my coffee, but the wrapper came undone a bit. Tase kind of reminded me of a 5 Vegas Gold in some ways. Not bad overall.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain