Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

601 serie Green La Punta Habano Oscuro Review

This is a discussion on 601 serie Green La Punta Habano Oscuro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; A fine looking cigar; dark oily wrapper, firm construction slightly tender to the touch like a piece of very well ...

No longer a community member.

601 serie Green La Punta Habano Oscuro Review

A fine looking cigar; dark oily wrapper, firm construction slightly tender to the touch like a piece of very well done New York strip. The stick has an earthy, spicy bouquet. Let's light this perfecto and see if the flavors deliver what the pre-lit aroma promises! I do not claim to have an established or informed palate, so results may vary. This is my first cigar review.

Early pepper and nic hit. Damn! First third tastes of pepper, wood, cedar. Firm light colored ash stays intact with barely a flake. A lotta smoke too. The second third sweetens faintly to cocoa, wood, and earthy notes.

Ash gave after halfway mark, very tight ash. Spicy notes return, with a dark earthy finish as we round off the second third. Draw remains fairly open, and burn has not strayed from perfect even with a light sea breeze stirring the air. Began getting that full and satisfied sense of well being as the last third comes into play. Wondering if I need to nub this at 10 in the morning.. But hey it's for a review!

In the final third, spice and cayenne pepper are leaving long and smooth finish on my lips and tongue. The mouth feels coated with a warm leather jacket that has been rolled in wet hay. Unsweetened cocoa notes reappear and evolve in sweetness as my finger tips feel the warmth of an approaching end to this journey. A light buzz has taken over my demeanor, and I am having to focus to avoid over-heating this last inch. A lot of red and white pepper in the retrohale now, with cedar taking over on the lingering finish. I have such a buzz, I accidentally let it go out. It has been a Great Smoke that lasted over one hour!

This review is of a stick 3 days from rott. I have nine more in this vitola, that I am very much looking forward to after some additional time to rest.

Last edited by smokin surfer; 09-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Re: 601 serie Green La Punta Habano Oscuro Review

Great review! I've never tried any of the 601 line. This looks like a good place to start. Thanks.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Frodo's Avatar

Sounds more peppery and woodsy than the Blue label from the same line. Nice review sir!

Great review! Rg to ya. Awesome pics and thats a good ash.

Thank you guys for reading this noobs review! I think I lucked out to choose an interesting cigar that provided lots to talk about. I am a big blue label fan myself, but always expanding my horizons..

Thanks everybody for reading my entry in the noob review contest. I figure it needs a bump up to the top, since I put mine out there a full week before anyone else even submitted theirs for the contest. Just to keep things fair, since I did not have the opportunity to size up my competition before smoking this 601, I will be posting photos that I have personally taken at local beaches here in Florida, one photo for each vote that I receive. These photos will become more and more interesting as the contest voting period heats up.. so stay tuned.

Thanks again, and may the best review win!

So far, I have received a single vote. True to my word,

Last edited by smokin surfer; 10-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Come on friends I'm not playing around here - I need your vote!

Who wants to see a desperate noob stoop to new lows to win a contest???

Totally losing this contest here... please friends let me see some votes in the poll or I am going to have to break out the gold bullion......

Well I am just tickled pink that we've drummed up some more support for this noob review contest. Thank you for the vote, Vicini.

Speaking of pink,

Caution! I'm running out of the conservative shots. There may be dire consequences for the next round of votes in my favor.

Just punched his B-Card!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    Well I am just tickled pink that we've drummed up some more support for this noob review contest. Thank you for the vote, Vicini.

Speaking of pink,

Caution! I'm running out of the conservative shots. There may be dire consequences for the next round of votes in my favor.
    Doubtful... There would have to be another round!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dude65 View Post
    Doubtful... There would have to be another round!
    Did you say round two? My shots run deep brah, deep. Here's two on good faith that I will get at least two votes tonight.

When I start to take a commanding lead, these shots will be full page. Check back often!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    It looks like she is shitting that wave out of her ass.
    hahahaha

Ok friends it's the weekend now.. I'm ready to put some work in - Let's see some more votes!

Hey all! Happy Saturday bump! If we can just get one obstacle out of the way, (Mr.Dude)... it's clear sailing! Thanks for your support.

Speaking of obstructions,

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Nice review Rob, I keep seeing 601 stuff on the Monster but wasn't sure about it, maybe I'll try some now.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast