Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Viaje 2011 Mystery ? Review

This is a discussion on Viaje 2011 Mystery ? Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Not my usual review format. Short and sweet on this one These cigars came out in 2011, in very limited ...

Viaje 2011 Mystery ? Review

Not my usual review format. Short and sweet on this one

These cigars came out in 2011, in very limited quantities. I have smoked a few, and they are getting better and better with age.

Construction:

Very large, and pronounced veins, dark, almost black wrapper that smells of pepper and chocolate. Nice triple cap on the torpedo end.

Flavors:

Starts out with a huge pepper kick. Quickly fades to some grassy and chocolate notes. This is one of the most creamy cigars I have ever smoked. The smoke is so thick you can almost chew it. I would define the mouth feel, as melted butter almost. Chocolate plays in and out during the smoke, and a nice spicy finish. After at least 3 of these I have never been able to name the spicy flavor in the last third... closest I can get to describing it is the heat of a jalapeno, with the smoothness of a bell pepper. Love the spice in this one

Burn:

When new, these things burned like crap, and very uneven. After some time, they have gotten alot better. Ash holds on really well through the first 1/2. Surprisingly long burn time for a short stick, 1 hours 20 minutes. Here is a pic of one I smoked at the B&M a few weeks ago, which held on great.

Overall:

Good ageing potential. Always love my Viajes, but this is my second favorite, due to the creamyness. Only second to the exclusivo. The box pressed version is even better to me. If you like Viajes, this is a must try.

Score:
    /5
    4 cheers for Viaje!

Re: Viaje 2011 Mystery ? Review

thanks for the review Chris! sounds like a tasty smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by android View Post
    thanks for the review Chris! sounds like a tasty smoke!
    Thanks Andrew. It is one of the better Viaje's in my opinion.

No longer a community member.

Creamy stuff is nice..

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

I've notice viaje always show that tan ash color. The box pressed was a very tasty smoke and this sounds right up there. While maybe not the most refined, the flavors are nice and bold with these. Great job!
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Alpha Puffer Fish

You ever smoke that 2010 Mystery I bombed you? Or you holding onto that one?

Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Go ahead...rub it in. A Viaje and a Corona on the beach. Somebody's living right. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysalti View Post
    I've notice viaje always show that tan ash color. The box pressed was a very tasty smoke and this sounds right up there. While maybe not the most refined, the flavors are nice and bold with these. Great job!
    That is what I have noticed to with most all Viajes. Either very tan, or dark grey ash.

Quote Originally Posted by meatcake View Post
    You ever smoke that 2010 Mystery I bombed you? Or you holding onto that one?]
    I am hoarding it! LOL! I will smoke it eventually, but its the only one I have, and I actually smoked that cigar when it was released, so it is not burning a hole in my pocket so to speak. I was thinking of holding on to all of the 2010's and smoking them in 2015 to see what 5 years of age will do to them.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy627 View Post
    Go ahead...rub it in. A Viaje and a Corona on the beach. Somebody's living right. lol.
    HA HA... it was actually from my honeymoon last month, and yes I was living right! LOL