Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Elogio Excentrico Review

This is a discussion on Elogio Excentrico Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Elogio Excentrico Size: 7X54 Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Binder: Habano Filler: Nicaraguan (Esteli, Viso Ometepe, Viso Jalapa), Dominican Smoke Time: 2 ...

Elogio Excentrico Review

Elogio Excentrico

Size: 7X54
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Binder: Habano
    Filler: Nicaraguan (Esteli, Viso Ometepe, Viso Jalapa), Dominican
    Smoke Time: 2 hours
    Price: (gift to me) $16-$18

Prelight:
    Smooth wrapper, closed foot, and fan tail torpedo head. seamless construction. Light brown wrapper with no imperfections. Foot just had a nice tobacco aroma, nothing else noted. This cigar was generously gifted to me by the owner of my local B&M. Only 200 marked boxes were made and were debuted at the 2012 IPCPR.

Falvors:
    Started off with a creamy texture, and a slightly sweet spice. Could not name the exact spice, but it was not very harsh. As the stick progressed sweat cream was the dominant falvor, with chocolate and fruit notes appearing every few draws. The flavors were very muted and hard to pick out. Nothing really stood out except the cream. A very light black pepper creeped in aftr the band point The nub started to get really warm, and mushy so I ended it early. Slightly muted flavors, but a good blend that medium lovers will like. Im a full bodies lover, and this blend was a nice variance for me.

Burn:
    Good burn through out the stick. Got a little off a few times, but quickly corrected. The ashe refused to stay on for more than 1/2 inch. I ended up with ash in my lap 3 times, which sucked, but is my fault for not watching it. Had to touch up once, and re light near the band point. It went out after about 2 minutes of sitting.

Re: Elogio Excentrico Review

Final Grade:
    /5
    3 dancing banannas out of 5 on this one. Lost a few points for the ash issues and the muted flavors. I really enjoyed this medium bodied stick. By far, the best cigar out of all the Elogio's I have smoked. In my opinion, I would most likely NOT pay 17 bucks for it, but I do enjoy smoking limited release and small batch cigars. Another one for my band board, and another small batch stick under my belt. Thanks for reading my review.