Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nds Liga 'F' Review

This is a discussion on Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nds Liga 'F' Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; .....I agree, the LIGA 'F' is a great smoke. Could say they are just as good as the front line ...

Re: Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nds Liga 'F' Review

.....I agree, the LIGA 'F' is a great smoke. Could say they are just as good as the front line Oliva Cain 'F's. The Liga 'H' and 'D' were good as well. The Liga 'M' was ok but not as good as the Habanos.

.....as far as I can recall these are the only solid 2nds I have smoked. 15 of the 5.75"x50 Robusto at CI for $27.50 is a great price. Have not seen the Liga F much as Cigar Bid though.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    BTW, I found some Cain F lanceros locally and they don't taste like the LL2 F lanceros at all.
    I took this pic a while ago and forgot to put it on here.

Name:  IMAG0643.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  54.4 KB

The bottom smoke is a Cain F and the one above it is a LL2nd Liga F. The picture almost does justice to how different these two look from one another. And like James mentioned, they taste quite different as well. Still a good bargain smoke IMO.
    Last edited by Wicked_Rhube; 05-11-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Rhube View Post
    I took this pic a while ago and forgot to put it on here.

Name:  IMAG0643.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  54.4 KB

The bottom smoke is a Cain F and the one above it is a LL2nd Liga F. The picture almost does justice to how different these two look from one another. And like James mentioned, they taste quite different as well. Still a good bargain smoke IMO.

.....it has been at least 6 months since I smoked a front line Cain 'F'. Have to score some now and make my own smoke compare.

I don't care if they're Cains or not. They have a unique satisfying flavor either way. I may have another very shortly.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    . . . I am terrible at letting smokes rest, so I predict the LAST one of this bundle will smoke perfectly, and the first 14 will have been smoked a tad too early. We shall see.
    Nope. I was wrong. The FIRST one smoked perfectly, even with the 10-day ride to get from the Right Coast to the Left Coast. Had to have one ROTT, and it performed flawlessly - very robust in both flavor and strength.

I have to add that last week I smoked the new Illusione *R* Rothchildes (which my local B&M seriously overpriced). In a word - sucked. This "second" was 10 times better, and at $1.84 a stick I will most likely get more of these (Liga 'F' robusto). I can only think these will be even better once they've had a little time to settle down from the trek out west, but I was very pleased with this one. Hands down the best second I've ever smoked. Next, perhaps the 'M'...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Maturing Puffer Fish

So these sound nice.

What would you gentlemen compare them too? I may have to place an order.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    So these sound nice.

What would you gentlemen compare them too? I may have to place an order.
    To me they are like a flor de oliva with more / better / complex flavor and a better burn.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    What would you gentlemen compare them too?
    I can't really say they remind me of anything specific. Closest I can tell, these taste a bit like some strong pipe tobacco I'm fond of, Peterson Irish Flake.

I smoked my second last night, with a couple days rest.

As good as the first one I tried - these really do NOT smoke like seconds.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I am really looking forward to these. I am hoping they will be my new go-to cheap smoke over the B2 and GHV 2002.

Yep, these are smoking really well now after 3+ weeks of rest.

(sorry for the dismal 9 pm light)

They are fairly potent, and somewhat one-dimensional. But since I'm quite fond of that one dimension, no complaints. I will certainly order the 'F' again. If you're interested, may I suggest CI with the free shipping code - someone's jacking up the cbid price, and with the unavoidable shipping paying about $33 for what can be had at CI for $27.50 (with code).

Just had my first 'Liga H'.

I do believe these are even better than the 'F's, and oddly seemed somewhat stronger. Don't hesitate to try these.

Well, the ones I dig have been out of stock for so long, and when they show up on Cbid, they get bid up for more than I would pay for them...I will probably gamble on some of the "H" robustos solely on Terry's recommendation...One really good dimension is just fine with me for a couple of bucks. How can you not take the word of a guy with such a perfectly trimmed thumbnail? Is there an equally stunning pedi to accompany that mani?
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Well, the ones I dig have been out of stock for so long, and when they show up on Cbid, they get bid up for more than I would pay for them...I will probably gamble on some of the "H" robustos solely on Terry's recommendation...One really good dimension is just fine with me for a couple of bucks.
    The 'H's were not as one-dimensional as the 'F's, at least I didn't find this one so.

How can you not take the word of a guy with such a perfectly trimmed thumbnail? Is there an equally stunning pedi to accompany that mani?
    In truth, I smoke cigars with my feet - just not usually for photos.

Last edited by ProbateGeek; 08-28-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2