Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Avo Heritage review from a noob

This is a discussion on Avo Heritage review from a noob within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Avo Heritage Size: 4 7/8th x 50 (Robusto) Wrapper: Ecuador (Cuban Seed) Binder: Dominican San Vincente Filler: Domincan Ligero, ...

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

Avo Heritage review from a noob

Cigar: Avo Heritage
    Size: 4 7/8th x 50 (Robusto)
    Wrapper: Ecuador (Cuban Seed)
    Binder: Dominican San Vincente
    Filler: Domincan Ligero, Dominican Seco, Peruvian Seco
    Strength: Medium/Full

Appearance and Construction:The wrapper has a little more oils then i like but it is somewhat veiny. The stick itself is nicely rolled with a gorgeous looking cap. The band is bronze with the Avo logo and on one side in cursive is Avo Heritage

Flavor:Through the nose I pick up some fresh cedar while the cold draw served up notes of sweetness, wood and earth. Once lit the ligero tobacco is noticeable with notes of pepper especially though the nose. As we continue the first third the sweetness develops into a caramel like note with some wood notes that are heavier

Smoking Characteristics:The draw of the Avo Heritage robusto was loose and it smoked a little fast for my liking but it never burned hot. The ash while not flaky was weak and it often fell into my lap after about 3 inches. The stick did produce a nice amount of smoke and had a delicious aroma, even to those around me.

Conclusion:Delicious from pre-light to last exhale really enjoyed this one

be gentle my first review lol
    “”If you can’t send money, send tobacco.” – (to the Continental Congress, 1776 ) George Washington

Re: Avo Heritage review from a noob

Nice review, noob! Nice format, and I especially like your starting with the detailed specs. In the future, I would consider adding the MSRP (that's just a pet peeve of mine, as I don't consider a review complete w/o it). However, I wouldn't consider a 3" ash "weak."

The Avos's are among my faves, and one is always in rotation. Look forward to more on the rest of the line!