Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Mini Review

This is a discussion on Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Mini Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I picked up this cigar at the CI super-store last week and I wanted to leave it in my humidor ...

Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Mini Review

I picked up this cigar at the CI super-store last week and I wanted to leave it in my humidor just long enough for it to nicely settle down to around 65%

Anyway, I'm making this a mini review because there's not much to say as this was probably the worst cigar I've had in a long time.

The smoke: From the first puff to the last this cigar was very harsh. Cedar was the main flavor, along with some metal, an unknown chemical flavor, tobacco tar, pencil, and a tad bit of citrus. The smoke was very dry and made my tongue quite unhappy. I made it a little more than half way through before I couldn't take it anymore. The only good thing I can say about this cigar was the excellent construction and burn.

Rating: 2 Thumbs way down

I'm guessing perhaps this cigar needs to rest quite a while before smoking, but I feel like no cigar should ever be this bad at any point in it's life. Anybody have any thoughts on this cigar?
    "I am reality" - Sgt. Barnes

Puffer Fish with many spikes Btubes18's Avatar

Re: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Mini Review

No experience with this cigar, but feel with most tatuajes I like them more rested...just my opinion.

damn, i got a couple on the way fom cbid. i was told i would like i since i really like the la duenas that i've had so far.

i finally met a tatuaje that disappointed me. started off with a spiciness that comes on hard and leaves in the same manner wasabi does, but not as pronounced. it was a tad more subtle. and i totally agree with you on the "pencil" flavor. that's exactly what i was tasting that i couldn't figure out. this cigar also finished quite harshly. was not a nubber for me.

Most cigar smokers know what they like. Even with the bad experience, I would not write off a cigar after only one sample. It may have been a dud, your palate may have been off or just not the cigar for you.

As I have said before, almost all the CI purchases I have made were on the wet side. One time, it took better than a month (almost seven weeks) to get my cigars rested to the mid to low 60's where I like them. Tats, especially.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suzza View Post
    The smoke: From the first puff to the last this cigar was very harsh. Cedar was the main flavor, along with some metal, an unknown chemical flavor, tobacco tar, pencil, and a tad bit of citrus. The smoke was very dry and made my tongue quite unhappy. I made it a little more than half way through before I couldn't take it anymore. The only good thing I can say about this cigar was the excellent construction and burn.
    Those aren't words I'd like to see describing a cigar
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Most cigar smokers know what they like. Even with the bad experience, I would not write off a cigar after only one sample. It may have been a dud, your palate may have been off or just not the cigar for you.

As I have said before, almost all the CI purchases I have made were on the wet side. One time, it took better than a month (almost seven weeks) to get my cigars rested to the mid to low 60's where I like them. Tats, especially.
    that may be true. i rested mine for about 4 weeks. i also had it in the short churchill. maybe a different vitola the next time around.

TJB

Ha I tried two robustos and they tasted like graham crackers. Tried a corona gorda and it tasted like it came out if a cows butt. So maybe the robustos are a better vitola.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

sounds similar to my experience with the El Triunfador #5
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

These are one of my favorite cigars. All of the ones I've had had 3+ months rest on them though. Don't know how much that changes em.