Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB Review

This is a discussion on La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Stats: Mfgr: La Gloria Cubana (DR) Dimensions: 5.5" x 54 Wrapper: Oscuro (Ecuadorian Sumatra) Binder: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua I paired ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB Review

Stats:

Mfgr: La Gloria Cubana (DR)
    Dimensions: 5.5" x 54
    Wrapper: Oscuro (Ecuadorian Sumatra)
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Filler: Nicaragua

I paired this lovely lady with some Tennessee whiskey and an IPA. (or three)

Name:  IMG_0672 copy.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  48.8 KB

Pre-light:
    This cigar is slightly uneven in shape, but well-constructed with a beautiful silky smooth wrapper. Pre-light aromas are earthy and a little sweet. The trademark "N" is glued to the wrapper, and it looks like a bit of whatever adhesive they use slipped out from under the letter and left a little streak. No biggie.

The ash held tightly, but I had some issues with an uneven burn. I had to correct it about three times over the 1.5+ hours(!) I smoked this cigar.

Tasting notes:
    When it's burning evenly, this cigar produces loads of smooth, chewy smoke.

The first third has a sweet draw with flavors of smooth, rich cocoa, with a mildly spicy finish. This evolved into a taste not unlike chewing on espresso beans, with complements of honey, dark toast and vanilla. I caught some woody notes and a spice/vegetable hint by the halfway point. Towards the end, the coffee background set the stage for flavors of dark fruit, like raisins or dried prunes.

Overall: The flavors in this cigar are not complex at any one point, but it gives a very nice progression of tastes over the length of the smoke. The Serie N line is priced just below the Serie R, and I would say that's pretty fair; it's not an R, but it's a fantastic smoke in its own right. Will definitely pick up a few more.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB Review

Nice review thanks for taking the time!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Thanks man...to be honest, I post these as much for myself as for anyone else. It's a good way for me to record what I like and what I'll skip in the future.

I've wondered about this stick. I've seen in the b&m . Thanks for the review.
    Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.

Stranger ina strange land RTChallenger13's Avatar

I'd have to say I agree with the review 100%. A good smoke, nothing hugely memorable, but tasty enough and filling. Its no series R, but then again not many cigars (at least in my opinion) are.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Passprotection's Avatar

Thanks for the review. I'll have to add both the N and R to my endless 'try list.'