Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

AF Shark Review

This is a discussion on AF Shark Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Today I decided to light up an Arturo Fuente Shark that has been resting in my humidor since December. This ...

AF Shark Review

Today I decided to light up an Arturo Fuente Shark that has been resting in my humidor since December. This cigar has been kept at 64%/68F. There was a little breeze outside so I thought was the perfect day for this review.

This cigar is really interesting to look at. The unusual shape plus the dark brown wrapper is something to admire. I can see fine veins and the wrapper feels toothy. There are some small light stains in the wrapper that look like glue which I thought was a sloppy finish for a cigar at this price range. Pre-draw smell of wood and cognac. I used my Xikar to cut about 1/4 of the tip. Pre-light I can still taste wood and cognac.

The first third reveals a mild sweetness with wood and chocolate flavors. There is minimal spice and the flavors remain in my mouth for some time. Draw was perfect.

The second reveals an increase in spiceness with some cinnamon notes. There is still some cedar notes. The sweetness has decreased and now I can taste black pepper. This flavor profile remains for the last third.

Impression: The smoke was extremely pleasurable. The flavor profile is very nice with subtle sweetness and enough spice. I would say is a medium-medium full smoke with nice complexity. The ash is white and it holds for more than an inch. The burn line is wavy but nothing of concern. It is definitively a very good cigar but expensive and HTF. Comments are welcome.

Disinterested

Re: AF Shark Review

I LOVE THIS CIGAR! They hold up extremely well to age and this recent release is one of the best. You hit upon one of the things I most look for in a fine cigar; the way the body lingers on the back of the palette. Also, the complexity of this stick cannot be overstated. IMO, the best cigar Fuente make and remains in my top 5, regardless of country of origin.

Thanks for a great review! I'd bump'ya for this, but it appears I've given out too much in the past 24h.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Always liked the Shark when i smoked Fuente's right up there with the Anejo and Opus i always thought!
    Nice review and pics thanks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

While my preferred Anejo is the #46 I do have quite a few sharks and enjoy them immensely.
    I usually pair them with port or a nice brandy as the raisanish flavor really pops.

Thanks for the review. These are always good for me, and worth the effort and extra money.

Full grown Puffer Fish burritosdaily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    They hold up extremely well to age and this recent release is one of the best.
    I have some aging... but I always hear mixed reviews on aged sharks. Many here on puff have said to not age them..... all to say, it was good to hear you say that, Herf N Turf.

Great review!

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Good review of a cigar I hope I always have a couple laying around.

Glad you got some good weather to enjoy a Shark.

How long did it take you to smoke it?

Puffer Fish with some spikes DSTEW's Avatar

Great review. Interesting that you mention the glue on the wrapper. I smoked a Anejo 60 last night and was unhappy with the glued on wrapper. Of course that was the only thing I was unhappy with.

Thanks for your comments.

It took me 1h 35 min to smoke it.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Smoked my first anejo yesterday, the shark. I agree with the op, his review is pretty spot on in my opinion.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I need to find one of these! Thanks for the review.