Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo

This is a discussion on Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Here's a quickie. Size: 6x52 Wrapper: CT broadleaf Binder: Honduras Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua Very nice, even, dark oily wrapper. Firmly ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo

Here's a quickie.

Size: 6x52
    Wrapper: CT broadleaf
    Binder: Honduras
    Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua

Very nice, even, dark oily wrapper. Firmly packed. Pre-draw aromas of barnyard with pre-light tastes of raisins or prunes.

The smoke is plentiful and thick, tangy and almost fruity in character. Some flavors that remind me of chewing on a brownie, evolving into coffee notes with black pepper. Last third develops flavors of nuts and molasses. Unfortunately, a little bit of bitterness that developed at the halfway mark.

I got this as part of a sampler pack, and I'm pretty happy with it. Surprisingly complex, but not exactly a perfect blend. Still, solid broadleaf flavor and an easygoing smoke.

Young Puffer Fish someonestruth's Avatar

Re: Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo

Thanks for the review! I won a testflight from Cbid and I'm pretty excited to get my hands on them. I've heard they're comparable to a Undercrown, in the same sense that Nica Libres are comparable to a Padron. Agree?

Well, I'd say that it's an similar in flavor profile, but not exactly comparable. You probably won't mistake one for the other, and you could probably tell that it's less expensive than the UC.

Young Puffer Fish someonestruth's Avatar

Well I tried one and I don't think it was ready to be smoked. I got them a week ago, and the draw was super tight and the flavors while enjoyable were extremely mild. I'll let them sit and see how they're doing down the road

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I had one on Tuesday and it was a decent smoke. I had almost the same flavors as doc, with a bitterness creeping in at around the 1/2-2/3 mark.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Still hoping/waiting for magic out of these. I've smoked 2 of a 5 pack and nothing memorable yet. I've left the last 3 alone for several months and will revisit in a couple of months when they will have 8/9 months humi time on 'em.

Puffer Fish with some spikes kra961's Avatar

You'll find they get much better over time, I've bought so many box's of them now that I've been able to get 300 days on several box's, ya I like them.
    Why is it we never seem to have the time to do something right the first time but always seem to have the time to do it over again.

TJB

Quote Originally Posted by Ky70 View Post
    Still hoping/waiting for magic out of these. I've smoked 2 of a 5 pack and nothing memorable yet. I've left the last 3 alone for several months and will revisit in a couple of months when they will have 8/9 months humi time on 'em.
    That is exactly what I found. Nothing memorable. I mean don't get me wrong it's not a bad smoke at all. Actually a really good everyday cigar or a give away. But for the life of me I can never recall a description of the thing when I think bout them. I pay attention and everything and I only remember I like them but don't remember why. Now when I think of a padron 3000 maduro or a 1964 I can spit out the things I love about these. But this cigar I always draw a blank and smoke them pretty much to remind myself that they are good .

No longer a community member.

These are on my list to try.

I've heard his new line Odyssey is killer.
    Last edited by huskers; 05-03-2013 at 08:13 PM.

I've got a few I need to fire one up
    Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I have one more sitting in my box now, maybe Ill let it get a couple of months on it and see how it is.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I have a few resting in my wineador, from what I'm reading here I'll tuck them away in the back and re-visit in the fall, maybe later.

Fired up another one of these recently. Same flavor profile as before. It was definitely an enjoyable, smooth smoke, and compared to some of the much more expensive sticks I've tried, it's a great value.

Stranger ina strange land RTChallenger13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divedoc View Post
    I got this as part of a sampler pack, and I'm pretty happy with it. Surprisingly complex, but not exactly a perfect blend. Still, solid broadleaf flavor and an easygoing smoke.
    I did as well and immediately after I burned both sticks, I went and ordered an entire box from CI. For the price ($80 mmao), they're a great value for an everyday smoke and quickly becoming a favorite of mine.