Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Review - Liga Privada Unico Papas Fritas

This is a discussion on Review - Liga Privada Unico Papas Fritas within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This is my first review so hopefully they will get better with time... Size: 4 1/2 x 44 Country of ...

No longer a community member.

Review - Liga Privada Unico Papas Fritas

This is my first review so hopefully they will get better with time...

Size: 4 1/2 x 44
    Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper Color: Maduro
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
    Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina
    Filler: Seconds
    Vitola: Petit Corona

Summary: I have had a papas fritas every morning for the last couple of weeks so I am sort of partial to
    this cigar.

Construction: Oily dark wrapper with some tooth not smooth minimal veins and tight seams, but you can see a flaw in the seams in the picture below. cap is uneven
    but well done.

1/3 -
    Flavor: woody pepper ( licorice almost ) on retro-hale, smooth, woody/licorice sweetness leather, undertones of chocolate coffee.
    Burn: sharp cool good
    Aroma: unique not something you smell often sweet leather tobacco smell
    Finish: Not much clean

2/3 -
    Flavor: Cinnamon/pepper licorice/woody on retro-hale little bit of a burn, chocolate coco little bit of spice
    the leather is always there it is a bit sharp, could probably use some rest.
    Burn: sharp cool
    Finish: Getting a bit of the pepper/cinnamon licorice/woody oil on the tongue finish is lengthening

3/3 -
    Flavor: licorice/cognac/woody some say woody but for me it gets to be almost a licorice and sharpens sometimes to a cognac.
    still has sweet taste, leather and spice is always there. coco coffee undertones it is picking up
    the nicotine is picking up picking up some chocolate on certain puff's you pick up sometimes the coco, coffee etc on certain puffs.
    Burn: sharp cool
    Finish: Finish seems to have cleaned up a bit not very long but still getting a pepper licorice/woody oil on the tongue.

Conclusion: I would say this is medium strength for nicotine flavor would be medium to full
    good smoke production excellent draw.. I rate these cigars even as seconds highly even by
    long filler standards. Papas Fritas is in my normal rotation and I give a hats off to the
    blenders and those who have helped create this special cigar that sets the bar that every short filler wants to be.

Re: Review - Liga Privada Unico Papas Fritas

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review. All the great reviews on LP's definitely have me wanting to try these.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocko124 View Post
    Thanks for the review. All the great reviews on LP's definitely have me wanting to try these.
    Everybody has already done reviews of all the cigars I have so I am going to have to kinda back through I have papas fritas every day so I figured I would start with that.. I wanted to do 3 or so reviews today.. I actually took off work to give this a try..

Drew Estate Cigars drewestatecigar's Avatar

Great review man, glad you enjoyed it!

Young Puffer Fish

Just curious, what part of LA are you from? I used to live in Lafayette and Carencro a long long time ago!

Nice review. This stick was my intro into the unicos. What was your burn time? I think I'm a slow smoker and got like 45 minutes out of it.
    Let no man pull you low enough to hate him. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jabuan View Post
    Nice review. This stick was my intro into the unicos. What was your burn time? I think I'm a slow smoker and got like 45 minutes out of it.

Normally these last me around 30 minutes... I didn't keep track on this one... I will on my next reviews a couple of things I didn't hit on this was the ash how sturdy it was and the time.. I love these during my morning coffee which many others have noted because they give you a little kick short smoke something you can smoke enjoy with a good cup of coffee and browse the RSS/sites or do your morning routine

Looks like it is time for a smoke...
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Thanks for your review. It takes me 40-45 minutes to smoke them. I am a big LP fan and when I don't have a lot of time, Papas Fritas is my go to cigar.

Gonna have to find a tin of these...just to see how good mixed filler can be.

Name:  2013-04-12 16.13.59.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  40.0 KB

Good idea, Pelican. I was trying to decide what to smoke this afternoon.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Quote Originally Posted by TheGipper View Post
    Gonna have to find a tin of these...just to see how good mixed filler can be.
    Well you gotta try this one you won't believe it is even a mixed filler to be honest.. I gave one to my father because he was like that looks like an interesting cigar... that is the tale tale sign of a 72 year old man wanting a cigar and he was impressed when I told him it was a short filler. Needless to say I ran out of papas fritas on that visit I normally carry a couple of tins in my traveldor when I travel.

Thanks for the review. I definitely need to pick some of these up.