Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Review - Liga Privada Único UF-13

This is a discussion on Review - Liga Privada Único UF-13 within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Size: 5 1/2 x 52 Country of Origin: Nicaragua Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina Filler: Honduran and Nicaraguan ...

No longer a community member.

Review - Liga Privada Único UF-13

Size: 5 1/2 x 52
    Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
    Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina
    Filler: Honduran and Nicaraguan
    Vitola: Parejo

Construction: Somewhat Oily dark brown wrapper pretty smooth some tooth tight visible seams minimal veins cap is pretty even well done tight pack.

Wanted to show the thickness of the wrapper.

Pre-light Aroma: subtle sweet barnyard/earthy aroma.

1/3 -
    Flavor Summary: Starting the initial light getting a leather spice a nutty possibly raisin sweetness? the retro-hale detecting some citrus.
    Sharp spicy wood taste on the tongue. couple of puffs later receiving a big coffee note half way through the first third some subtle flavors here
    which I can't discern very smooth once I got half way through the first third. I always enjoy this cigar whether with friends or sitting here contemplating taking over the world
    or planning my global conquest this is a very enjoyable cigar smooth just smooth the flavors are well balanced in my opinion. The retro-hale has smoothed out very nicely just smooth
    smoke with a unique flavor which if you dive into can probably pull a lot of subtle nuances from. There is a sharpness to it though which some age should take care of..

Burn: sharp, cool, even, initially I swear I was trying to kill a donkey getting some smoke out of this stick but it opened up nicely ash is white with gray it is a very nice ash forming on this stick.

Aroma: sweet leather earthy I would say maybe hard to describe the smell of the smoke.

Finish: pretty clean bit of wood spice.

2/3 -
    Flavor Summary: Still very smooth a bit of sharpness to it woodiness almost licorice/cognac it has a sweetness about it. I am still picking up some citrus on the retro-hale
    I am detecting coffee notes that sometimes show up there is a spice about it also very smooth smoke very well balanced. On a puff I had a Nice spicy, leather, woodiness
    with some coffee thrown in still a hint of citrus on the retro-hale but smooth this is a smooth stick which I really like.. This cigar in my opinion is quite mild and
    smooth I am not feeling any nicotine punch yet about half way through the second third. That licorice sharp woodiness is picking up and am getting a sweetness from it
    a coco/coffee I can't discern it my palate maybe getting burned out 3rd cigar for the day. retro-hale getting a nice spice woodiness leather with a hint of coffee and citrus.
    The citrus is sometimes hard to discern because many think of the burn on the retro-hale as something horrible but I find there is flavor or sensation in the burn on the retro-hale
    which if it feels like orange juice coming out the nose I discern it as citrus as opposed to snorting pepper because who hasn't snorted pepper middle school.

Burn: sharp, cool, even, sturdy the ash is just killer it has nice rib formation sturdy rock solid. Draw is good opened up real nice..

Aroma: sweet barnyard coffee tobacco smell just loving the smell of the smoke off of this thing which I always enjoy the smell of the smoke from Liga Privida cigars.
    I have actually picked up women from the scent of these cigars... So you can lure women with these cigars as soon as you hear hMmm what's that smell? That's the hook being
    set all you gotta do is reel them in that is a tip I am putting out there...

Finish: Sharp woody licorice/cognac with some sweetness has a tingle on my tongue at times enjoyable not to much but the sharpness can be rested out I am sure..

3/3 -
    Flavor Summary: It has pretty much setup into the same profile mentioned in the last two thirds. There is a subtle coco I believe in there which you have to focus to discern at least
    for me but then again it is getting late for me so my palate is confused after the three cigars nachos, tea, and a lime sorbet. Half way through or a bit more than half way through
    the final third I picked up on a retro-hale something out of that citrus which I couldn't put my finger on I am not going to go out on a limb to say some wild flavor which am going to
    be ridiculed about but there I picked up something in the citrus maybe it is a sweetness mixing with the citrus. There is a coco or chocolate taste to it but that woody licorice
    sharpness is masking really some age would reveal all.

Burn: Becoming so entangled with the smoothness and subtle nuances of this cigar along with becoming to enthused about the ash I once again had an ash incident...

Finish: the finish is starting to last longer still a bit sharp.

Conclusion: I really enjoyed this cigar once again a good stick from Liga Privada they just produce so many good cigars. The burn was flawless on this one no issues ash sturdy nice rib formation
    the cigar was subtle medium no nicotine punch until maybe the last third which I could feel a little bit. The aroma from these cigars is very nice and I found this stick well balanced
    did I say it was smooth with a sharp finish? I would love to get my hands on a couple of boxes of these and try one with a year or so on it then another with five or more.
    Once again another good cigar I did nub it which it became very flavorful at the end and stayed cool. The spiciness I definitely digged at the end some people like the nutty spice wash at the end.
    Smoke time was about an hour and forty minutes.

note: I say medium to full I guess but to me it was mild maybe because it was smooth so some may say this is medium to full or full I kinda rate it a mild medium full then I guess
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-13-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Re: Review - Liga Privada Único UF-13

Nice review
    Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

didn't much care for the one i had, the l40 is a better cigar in my opinion but thank you for the review. very informative
    There's no time to explain get in the

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by [OT] Loki View Post
    didn't much care for the one i had, the l40 is a better cigar in my opinion but thank you for the review. very informative
    Well to me the L40 is a different cigar isn't it I mean the vitola and the taste even maybe in the same blending category etc but I dunno what the blending differences between the two are, but one thing I noticed about the L40 is it does get a bit hot on that last third. Now when I compare it to other Lanceros it is rated highly and I really do enjoy the L40 I am going to give it a review tomorrow I think my palate is dead for today plus am about to have some enchiladas which I am going to want something spicy full flavored that doesn't have alot of subtle nuances I think @MDS was chatting about this on another review thread the wrapper to filler ratio is going to be different which if you enjoy the flavor / aroma etc from the wrapper you are going to find the L40 more appealing in my opinion but it is a well balanced cigar also... It is a real treat to me at least.. I have been collecting up Lanceros

So far..
    Olivia Lancero
    HL Holy Lance,
    ForbiddenX Lancero
    Lost City Lancero
    Tatuaje el triunfador lancero
    Tatauje Black
    LP40

And others which I will not mention I am always looking out for lanceros...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-13-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks for the detailed review. Well done!
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Great review, this sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll need to find a couple of these, thanks!
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Thanks for posting up a very detailed review!

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review
    I'm always reading about Liga Privada beginning to get curious... in Portugal never seen these cigars..

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review, can't wait to try mine!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Passprotection's Avatar

Nice review. Wish I could find a few of those baby's!

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review. I have a few of these coming in this week...can't wait to try 'em.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Great review! I'll have to give these a try when I find some. I like the idea of aging them and seeing if that makes a difference.