Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Dirty Rat Review

This is a discussion on Dirty Rat Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Today I am reviewing a Liga Privada Dirty Rat. I got a box of these cigars a month ago and ...

Dirty Rat Review

Today I am reviewing a Liga Privada Dirty Rat. I got a box of these cigars a month ago and they have been resting in my humidor at 64%/70F. Outside conditions were windy at 68F.

The cigar has a dark brown color with some fine veins. Is slightly oily and toothy. Is fun to look at the unusual cap. The foot smells like mild tobacco. I cutted 1/8 of the cap with my Xikar. Pre-draw taste of mild tobacco.

The first third starts with mild sweetness like cinnamon sticks. There is a very mild spice left at the tip of my tongue. I can taste some woodsy flavor. The draw is slightly tight but nothing unpleasent.

During the second third the amount of pepper increases and it stays at the tip of the tongue for a long time. The initial sweetness is still present but is now much milder. I can taste the wood better and it reminds me of cedar.

During the last third the spiceness has gained strength. I can still taste cedar and cinnamon. The amount of vitamin N has increased. Is amazing for how long the flavors remain in your mouth.

Impression: This cigar has the kind of flavors that I really enjoy. The ash is whitish and holds for about an inch. It produces a good amount of smoke but not near what I experienced with the FFP. To me is a medium-full cigar gaining strenght as you approach the last third. The burn line was straight and no touch ups were required. I wish it was easier to find these beauties because more BOTL should give them a try. Your comments are welcome.

No longer a community member.

Re: Dirty Rat Review

Nice review

man when I had my first dirty rat the thing was gave me a blast of pepper I was just hit like a wall but that was ROTT..

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Very nice review and pics thanks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to post up a review! I always enjoy reading them as well as looking at the pictures!