Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Review - Liga Privada Único UF-4

This is a discussion on Review - Liga Privada Único UF-4 within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Size: 6 x 52 Country of Origin: Nicaragua Wrapper: Connecticut Valley Stalk Cut and Cured Sun Grown Habano Binder: Brazilian ...

No longer a community member.

Review - Liga Privada Único UF-4

Size: 6 x 52
    Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Connecticut Valley Stalk Cut and Cured Sun Grown Habano
    Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Vitola: Toro

Construction: Oily dark brown wrapper has a nice bumpy texture to it nice bit of tooth ( visible in pics ) tight visible seams minimal veins ( one vein visible ) cap is pretty even well done tight pack.

Little bit of damage on the foot but that was from me.

Pre-light Aroma: Sweet Cedar earthy aroma.

1/3 -
    Flavor Summary: Initial light very interesting flavors getting some earthy woodiness with some sweet retro-hale is smooth I am getting some almost licorice but not sharp.
    About half way through the first third am getting some citrus notes on the retro-hale. There are some nuances in this cigar which I am just not able to discern today my palate
    isn't always tuned up which is to bad because I really wanted to experience this cigar with my palate tuned. There is however some coffee or coco in there something is giving this
    a nice body with a slight sweetness the licorice/cognac sharpness isn't like sharp sharp it is actually very pleasant. Going into the end of the first third am still getting a
    woodiness with a licorice/cognac sharpness ( not to sharp ) with some sweetness little bit of citrus on the retro-hale. There is a creaminess about it I just can't my finger on it
    creamy coco sweet something is there that is just driving me crazy because normally I am very good at discerning flavors. Getting a cedar / woodiness / citrus on the retro-hale.

Burn: Sharp, cool, even.

Ash: White Gray, nice rib formation, sturdy.

Draw: the draw is very loose is the way to say it not firm at all almost not firm enough for me.

Smoke: Smoke production is good producing a good amount of smoke from this it is a nice full smoke texture to it.

Aroma: Unique sweet coco leather smell from the smoke almost warming smell very nice..

Finish: short woodiness licorice

2/3 -
    Flavor Summary: Going into the second third I am getting a creamy coco very well balanced but with a sharp licorice/woodiness coming in afterwards very nice. Coming into the half
    way point of the second third this cigar Sir is all I can say I really am enjoying it is an orchestra in my opinion a somewhat sweet creaminess that after the exhale comes in with
    this not to sharp but just right licorice woodiness that I am quite enjoying. I would like to mention this is another smooth smoke in my opinion from Drew Estate and definitely
    isn't as sharp as the UF-13. I would think a bit of rest would be awesome but I wouldn't want to over age this one.. I kind of like this ROTT but just tweak that sharpness little
    and it would be really nice. I am feeling a little nicotine just past the half way point of the second third. I detected a earthy/hay note on a retro-hale mixed in with licorice/woodiness/citrus.
    There is a hay or earthiness to it I am finding in that sharp licorice woodiness there is some hay in there I believe along with the other notes, but I was just able to pick it out
    I don't know if it just became more prominent or was already there masked by the sharpness I think it is becoming more pronounced after taking another puff. Coming to the end of
    the Second third the flavors have established and it is a bit creamy not along the lines of a vanilla creaminess but a creaminess I can't articulate the retro-hale seems to have smooth out nicely.

Burn: Sharp, cool, little wavy but that could because I didn't let these suckers rest for weeks.

Ash: White Gray, nice rib formation, sturdy holding on about an inch.

Draw: nice draw that loose draw kind of grows on you just producing a lot of smoke this is a cigar I can see smoking to fast.

Smoke: good smoke production.

Aroma: I am digging the aroma coming from the smoke of this cigar it is a sweet almost coco leather tobacco type smell it is hard to describe.

Finish: finish so far has been pretty clean I am not getting hit with any pepper or anything it is quite nice little bit of that woodiness/licorice taste.

3/3 -
    Flavor Summary: The flavors have been established it seems am getting that woody licorice sharpness on the tip of my tongue am feeling a bit of nicotine it has smoothed a little bit
    there is a balance here with the smooth mild sweet creaminess that a sharp licorice woodiness comes in afterwards which am very much digging. Getting to the half way point of the
    final third am starting to get a cinnamon note developing on the finish and in the flavor.. This final third is like a boxer coming out of the corner the cinnamon/spice flavor becoming
    very pronounced. Definitely a cinnamon or spice it is a bit sharp for pepper so it must be a cinnamon. It is all balancing out now but very nice a creamy woody cinnamon which is covering
    the citrus I believe on the retro-hale. This stick just surprised me here coming to the end. The spice/cinnamon has smoothed out and am getting a nice finish of woody cinnamon/spice kind of
    oily that is really enjoyable. You can feel the flavors coming to the end of this cigar after swishing the smoke around in my mouth and exhaling it reminds me after you brush your teeth
    almost that mint or spice that you have in your mouth it reminds me of that but obviously a different flavor etc this is coming to the end of this cigar about the band area.

Burn: Sharp, cool, little wavy

Ash: White Gray, nice rib formation, sturdy holding on about an inch.

Draw: Nice not firm.

Smoke: Good smoke production

Aroma: sweet almost coco leather tobacco type smell it is hard to describe.

Finish: The finish isn't very long on this stick initially but really began to pick up with a cinnamon spice.

Conclusion: Another wonderful cigar from Drew Estate I now understand why they don't have enough tobacco This cigar in my opinion I enjoyed more than the UF-13
    it had a subtle complexity which seemed to be orchestrated there was a sharpness but not to sharp the finish wasn't overbearing or overly long. Then the spice/cinnamon
    coming out at the end was really enjoyable now was the cinnamon always there but sharp and mixed in which was the licorice woodiness sharpness I tasted I don't know
    I guess I will have to further develop my palate to really tell. Smoke time was about an hour and thirty two minutes the flavor is medium to full but the strength
    to me is medium I didn't come off of it with a hardcore buzz but it did have alot of flavor which was smooth.I would only purchase a box of the UF-13 but this stick I would
    make my go to cigar if I had access to the bundle quantities that I would require. I wish Drew Estate would allow cigar futures I have another cigar to add to the
    list and that list keeps growing Hat's off to Drew Estate on another fine cigar.

Re: Review - Liga Privada Único UF-4

Sounds and looks like winner. Will pick one up. Thanks!

That is a schematic for an AK-47... is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    That is a schematic for an AK-47... is it not?
    ya.. It is a tekmat gun cleaning mat best mouse pad I have ever had in my life I use it for doing gun smithing / cleaning and a mouse pad... as long as you don't get oil all over it you can use it as a mouse pad works very very well... especially if you have a wall of monitors multiple mice and keyboards etc... I also have the HK and AR mats...

AK-47 Gun Cleaning and Parts Mat

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

You have really been knocking out some Liga reviews!

Thanks again for posting one up for us to enjoy!

If the UF-4 was going to be the T-52 but with more ligero I think I would have liked the the T-52 line more than the #9 line but with the current T-52 line it just doesn't have the strength I like...

Loving all the LP reviews. I'll have to check if my BM has the UF-4 and UF-13 in stock, don't think i've seen them there before.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review. I have a couple UF-13's, but will have to try this one as well.

Young Puffer Fish

I'm going have to add this to my list of cigars to pick up!

I don't think it will be able to be found in any B&M, but I could be wrong. Your best bet is a trade or auction site.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things