Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rocky Patel 1990 toro..... Smooth but lacking? Or is it my noob palette?

This is a discussion on Rocky Patel 1990 toro..... Smooth but lacking? Or is it my noob palette? within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; As I type this I'm smoking my first Rocky Patel ever and I went with the 1990 toro. I'm still ...

Newbie in the ocean

Rocky Patel 1990 toro..... Smooth but lacking? Or is it my noob palette?

As I type this I'm smoking my first Rocky Patel ever and I went with the 1990 toro. I'm still very new and am trying to refine my tastes. I find the cigar smooth but almost too mild. I'm trying to pick up some hints of flavor I have read about in other review but am having a hard time. Is is just me? Does this mean I'd prefer a heavier bodies cigar?

Re: Rocky Patel 1990 toro..... Smooth but lacking? Or is it my noob palette?

Don't give up on Rocky.

For something a little more flavorful try the edge maduro or the Olde World Reserve. Either is a great cigar and I do prefer them over the 1990.