Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

L'atelier selection special quick review

This is a discussion on L'atelier selection special quick review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by Engineer99 I chalk it up to getting a bad one, though I don't know how a single ...

TJB

Re: L'atelier selection special quick review

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    I chalk it up to getting a bad one, though I don't know how a single stick can go so far off the reservation. I don't think that particular cigar would be in anyone's wheelhouse unless your wheelhouse is made of algae and moss.

I will give it another try and hope that one was an anomaly...If just that single note was eliminated, it definitely would have been enjoyable, since there were other good flavors there, but that dank, mouth coating, sort of rotten funk just overpowered them.
    Hey you know what? I had another one yesterday and I got a mildew taste to it. It was not like that wonderful first one I had. I think there may be consistency issues here. I will try another couple and see what's up before I invest in a box of these. The first one made such an impression on me though it was so unique in its notes. Not like anything I have had before. But last night the 46 I had tasted musty. Not the same at all! Maybe the stars aligned for me. I'm smoking a tramp stamp now and it looks like this one gets my vote for consistency.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I am very intrigued with this cigar thread and the twist and turns its taking amongst those who've smoke several.

I would hate to think there are consistency issues!

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    I am very intrigued with this cigar thread and the twist and turns its taking amongst those who've smoke several.

I would hate to think there are consistency issues!
    I just got another box of them recently, so I'm now curious as well! They still need to rest a bit before I start smoking them, but I'm hoping they will be as good as the last batch I've had.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by HTML5 Gordon View Post
    I just got another box of them recently, so I'm now curious as well! They still need to rest a bit before I start smoking them, but I'm hoping they will be as good as the last batch I've had.
    I agree. As I do know with just about everything new since now my stash is large enough, I will let these sit at least a month before I have one.

How long did you let them rest?

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    I agree. As I do know with just about everything new since now my stash is large enough, I will let these sit at least a month before I have one.

How long did you let them rest?
    My first batch I let them rest for ~3 weeks before I lit one up. I usually give new cigars about 2 weeks to make sure they adjust to the rh in my humidors, but I didn't get a chance to smoke one of them until about 3 weeks in. I'm going to give the new boxful 2 weeks and then light one up.

Hopefully we are not seeing the beginning of a larger consistency issue, and the bad ones reported are just rare exceptions (or the guys smoking them have broken tastebuds... J/K).

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish crgcpro's Avatar

I had been on the fence about buying these until I smoked one that was gifted to me yesterday. I will be buying a couple of boxes of them now. Started out with great flavor and a little spice. Flavor dwindled a bit from the start but was still good to the nub.

Pro

Young Fish

I just got a 3-pack of the selection special in robusto size. Cant wait to smoke one. Anyone else try these. They are only available at L'atelier events.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3