Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Fuente Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) review

This is a discussion on Fuente Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Fuente Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) review

Fuente Work of Art Maduro (WOAM)

The stick had a week or two shy of 6 month's rest.

I'd just eaten a bunch of cayenne, so my taste buds were probably off. The predominant flavors were coffee, leather and cedar. Nuances of pine and vanilla were present. 

It went out immediately after igniting the tip. Only had one relight. The burn was a bit uneven, slightly more than a half inch. The draw was initially tight, which I fixed with a toothpick. I got an hour and a half from this cigar.

It wasn't as good as the one I got at a B&M eight months ago, but was easily the best smoke I've had since. I'm thinking the burn and draw issues might be too high an RH in my cooler. Should I have my box opened in the cooler?  I'd been storing them closed.

And who has the best price on these? I gotta get more.  
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Re: Fuente Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) review

I'd say between 8-10 bucks is fair. Online you can find them (if in stock) for around 8.50
    Cigar and famous are out. but for about a buck more a stick you could get them from tampasweetheart.

I've had issues in the past with high humidity/temperature causing burn issue... most notably on my last CC that I smoked, which was a terrible shame since I don't have many

That being said. Thanks for the review! It is always interesting to see what people have to say different about the same cigar. I also like that someone else out there has a spicy palette like myself I put hot sauce on a LOT of food. Valentino sauce is my favorite.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

I tried that Valentino sauce, a bit hot, but yummy stuff. Our dollar store has 10 ounce bottles of Louisiana Hot Sauce for a buck. I eat the hell out of it, over one full bottle per month, singlehandedly. Keep a bottle in the van too. Will have my cousin snag a bottle of Valentino the next time he visits Lexington.

Try fresh ground black pepper on watermelon. You don't notice much change until you take a bite of unpeppered melon. It feels lacking. The jucic from one melon and a fifth of white tequila makes a similar flavor.

Hell, I even pepper vanilla ice cream.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Love these. At 8 to 10 bucks, great smoke. Store them at 62 to 65 rh and you will have a delightful experience. I have some from 06 and 07 that are wonderful

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Love these. At 8 to 10 bucks, great smoke. Store them at 62 to 65 rh and you will have a delightful experience. I have some from 06 and 07 that are wonderful
    Ditto here.
    I prefer them at around 65 rH. That's seems to be the sweet spot for me.
    I always open boxes and keep them cracked open for at least a few months so they equalize to my rH, then they get closed up.

Good review and thanks for sharing!

I've had both and I seem to prefer the natural over the Maduros. I remember having a couple burn issues on the Maduros as well.