Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pueblo Dominicano Toro Review

This is a discussion on Pueblo Dominicano Toro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I had an hour to kill at home so I thought I'd try a new stick and review it. I ...

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Pueblo Dominicano Toro Review

I had an hour to kill at home so I thought I'd try a new stick and review it. I have a few of these kicking around in storage, and I had no idea where they came from! I figured it was from a sampler that I got off the Devil so I searched back through some orders and found that it was included in a Nicaragua's All-Star 6-Pack Sampler, so I paid like $2 for it.

Pre-light / light: First off the stick looked and felt nice, but the tobacco in the foot seemed a touch loose and the wrapper had a little "marbling" to it. I've had mixed results with that look so I was a little nervous. I gave it a V-cut and the cold draw was perfect so I left the cut alone. Toasted and fired it up with a bic because I'm out of butane (wal-mart near me is under construction and is slacking on restocking). The draw was still great, and remained so for the duration, and by great I mean stellar, perfect, could not have been better for me.

Taste: No need to go in thirds with this one! It started out kinda crappy for 1/2 an inch. I thought I made a mistake picking this one to burn for my rare hour of peace as it had just a plain, very Dominican, not exciting type of flavor. That all changed about half an inch in. It picked up and ended up being very flavorful. There was a little woodsy, maybe you would call it cedar taste, and a basic sweet tobacco flavor that was very nice. It never ended up changing and there were no chocolate flavors, triple latte espresso notes, or virgin angel tears in this thing, but the flavor was fantastic regardless. It was especially sweet on the finish.

Burn: Just perfect, no touch ups, lazer straight. Ash held on as long as I let it, couple inches easy.

Final Grade: B+++ My hour was up as I hit the band. My only regret ended up being that I didn't have time to keep smoking this cigar. I won't be running out to buy a box of these, but I don't really buy boxes anyway. What I thought was just a sampler throw in ended up being a really really good cigar.

"... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Puffer Fish with some spikes TonyM's Avatar

Re: Pueblo Dominicano Toro Review

I had similar impressions with these, mine never take that long to get good though, I find them tasty after about an inch in. I thoroughly enjoy them with about 6 months+ rest. Nice review!

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

My very first experience with this Pueblo Dominicana was perfect flavor and taste, exquisite aroma and essence from the very first puff until I was finished with it to near the nub. I did not experience at all any bitterness or even ordinary-ness at any level of the smoke! I had a great cigar smoking experience out of this Pueblo Dom. stogie! A+ for my rating
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    mine never take that long to get good though, I find them tasty after about an inch in.
    Thanks Tony. Yeah it didn't take long to get good, it was 1/2 an inch in when It went crazy good on me.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

I have a box that I got a year ago for a great price and thoroughly enjoy them. They're definitely getting better the longer they rest.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

.....I love Pueblo Dominicano. Excellent flavor and draw every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    A+ for my rating
    You know You're right, I think my B+++ might be a little low after all. It really was a fantastic cigar. When I throw in the price I paid I guess it really was an A+ smoke.

Young Puffer Fish

Hey Wicked I got your package today. Thanks a lot. Let me know if you change your mind about a return package.

Nice review!
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Your nails are very nice. Manicured very nicely and clean too. You could be a hand model with those hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    Your nails are very nice. Manicured very nicely and clean too. You could be a hand model with those hands.
    Ha ha! I actually had to clean em up the day before to hold my brand new baby girl!!

Just kidding around. Though,for some reason, I do always look at the condition of a persons fingers in the cigar reviews.

Congratulations on the baby girl!!!!!!