Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Punch Rare Corjo

This is a discussion on Punch Rare Corjo within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; WOW is all i can say. i smoked it in the gordo size (6"x60). had a good spice to it ...

Young Fish

Punch Rare Corjo

WOW is all i can say. i smoked it in the gordo size (6"x60). had a good spice to it along with a sweeter, natural tobacco taste. i let it burn down till my fingers about caught fire. if you haven't tried this i recommend it. i WILL be smoking more of these cigars along with a yuengling beer lol. Like i said, try one!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Re: Punch Rare Corjo

You're right that these are a good smoke.
    I prefer the Elites as the wrapper imparts more flavor.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Just1ce's Avatar

I'm a big punch fan, but I have not had the rare corojo as of yet. I will have to look for that one. I really enjoy the regular punch line but the uppercut and gran puro lines are my favorite.

No longer a community member.

I just bought a couple of these last week and am very excited about getting around to them.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

The Rare Corojo is the best of the Punch line up IMHO. I tend to prefer the Elites also as I love that Corojo flavor from the wrapper, but admit that the Champion is a neat little size too.

I'm a huge fan of the 10th Anniversary. My box is down to 3...

Young Fish

Nice, peppery stick. I truly enjoyed it and would smoke another. However, I'm wondering why it's called a Rare Corojo, when it has a Sumatra wrapper. Maybe it's because the wrapper imitates a Corojo with it pepperiness? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by JCToro View Post
    Nice, peppery stick. I truly enjoyed it and would smoke another. However, I'm wondering why it's called a Rare Corojo, when it has a Sumatra wrapper. Maybe it's because the wrapper imitates a Corojo with it pepperiness? Just wondering.

I think it might vary from year to year/release to release. Everyone says the Rare Corojo has a different wrapper (CI, Thompson, etc) than the other so I guess it's hard to say. FWIW, Punch's website does say Sumatran. The anniversary edition in 2011 was a corojo wrapper, IIRC.

I've had several Rare Corojos, and I've gotta say the Champion is my favorite vitola.

Puffer Fish with some spikes neonblackjack's Avatar

RC Elites are always satisfying

It's only because of the color of the tobacco. General wanted to pay tribute to the Corojo plant by having a reddish-brown leaf, and when they found it they blended the RC line. Seriously.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    It's only because of the color of the tobacco. General wanted to pay tribute to the Corojo plant by having a reddish-brown leaf, and when they found it they blended the RC line. Seriously.
    Thanks, but where did you get this info from?

Thanks, but where did you get this info from?
    It was in an old magazine article about the history of the Corojo wrapper. I don't remember when it was published, but Christian Eiroa (who has a claim to the only authentic Corojo tobacco) was working with Caribe at the time, so it was pre-Camacho.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the 10th Anniversary. My box is down to 3...
    I like the 10th Anniversary as well - there are a few boxes out there last time I looked. The Gran Puro line is great - I did not have luck with my first Corojo so the rest of the box is aging. I am a Punch fan as well, even smoke the little London Club ones.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sprouthog's Avatar

Good smoke.

Everyone is saying pepper but I really remember it (10th anni) being sweet and creamy. At any rate, great stick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast