Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Oscuro Review

This is a discussion on El Rey del Mundo Robusto Oscuro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; $4.60 - $8. Med-Full Wrapper: Oscuro Origin: Honduras 5.0" x 54 Prelight: Emmm, sweet dry fruityness, leather with a splash ...

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Oscuro Review

$4.60 - $8.
    Med-Full
    Wrapper: Oscuro
    Origin: Honduras
    5.0" x 54

Prelight: Emmm, sweet dry fruityness, leather with a splash of flower nectar on it.

1st 1/3
    Light pepper with a little sugar powder in it, creamy spice, touch of wildflowers that carry's a bitter note to it.

Burn is wonky, slightly tight draw

Has sweet cocoa with a touch of caramel and nuttyness and a fresh finish, man I'm loving this stick so far and I'm only in the first 1/3

2nd 1/3
    Getting some mint also as I go into the 2nd 1/3, burn self corrected
    This cigar is made by the same makers of Punch and Hoyo De Monterrey but I've stayed away from Punch for years now.

Cigar is burning nice and cool, draw opened up and seems more of a medium body to me.

Final 1/3
    Light creamy coffee with toasted nuts & a touch of floral & sugary sweetness continue.

The strength increases somewhat now adding charcoal to the mix, but still enjoyable.

All the flavors begin to fade more in the background and drift in and out, the spice notes dominate in the last few inches but no pepper.
    Great stick with lots of flavor for cheap, highly recommended

Smoke time: 1 hr 30 min
    Score 8.8 out of 10
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Re: El Rey del Mundo Robusto Oscuro Review

Great review! The El Rey Del Mundo Oscuros are one of the best smokes out there for less than $5.

I haven't had one of those in years...Used to smoke boatloads of them 15 years ago and they were consistently great. They're not available locally, and I always seem to forget about them when I'm putting together an order. They seem to be creeping back into the spotlight, so I guess I better grab some soon...
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Great stick indeed. Bought a box a while ago and do not regret it at all.

Very impressed every time I have one.

Thanks for the review! Sounds like something I'll have to try.

Young Puffer Fish

Bought a book a few months back. The first seemed a disappointment but I had one other day after it sitting in the humidor and was pleased I did buy them. More likely my palate on the first day

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hubby's Avatar

Sounds very interesting... I will have to buy a few and try them out...
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci