Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years Robusto Review

$4. - $7.
    Strength: Medium-Full
    Wrapper: Brazilian
    Origin: Honduras, Nicaragua
    5"x50

Prelight: Licorices, sweet tobacco, caramel

1st 1/3
    Slightly hard draw, this is accrued on all the ones I've smoke to date but always open up later.

Sweet creamy smoke of cocoa, earth, sweet spices an dried berries and dark chocolate.

2nd 1/3
    Caramel is dominant and slight pepper tingle the nose.

Spiced cinnamon and faint cherry flavors also, this is one hell of a stick and is causing my favorite Arturo Fuente Añejo to take a back seat, not to mention the drastic difference in price attraction and matched slow burn.

Final 1/3
    Burn is sharp and again the draw opens up, there isn’t much of a nicotine kick and that's fine with me.

Coffee, leather also with a bit of wood and that light pepper, the licorice fading just right for balance.

This has become a box worthy cigar and an everyday stick for rotating with other favorites.

Even if you don't like them after getting a few, there great for gifts with there attractive copper cigar bands (you can give them to me )
    Smoke time: 1 hr
    Score 10 out of 10
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years Robusto Review

Thanks for the review. I just had one of these the other day, which was my second try from a five-pack I bought last year. Your review is right on. They're fine cigars, and the price easily make them worth a purchase. By the way, the two I've had so far have had a great draw.

Connecticut Puffer

I like to gift these. They are always good and sweet enough for new puffers to enjoy
    Need extra cash?
    Work at home

Full grown Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review, its spot on. I love the both the flavor (cedar and spice) and appearance of the wrapper on these. Sounds wierd but if I had to chose a cigar I couldn't light for some reason this would be it.

Maturing Puffer Fish gunnermcgee's Avatar

Nice review, thanks! I really enjoy these, too. I've smoked about 8 of these over the last couple of months, and I get a fine draw when punched.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Thanks for the review. I nabbed 2 5ers not long ago for a nice price taking a gamble. The Vault is on my favorites list and this looked enticing. Even more so now! Going to have to jump on one soon once they have had ample rest.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Puffer Fish with some spikes ryanmac45's Avatar

I really enjoyed this smoke. Great review, it put my own experience into words.

One of my all time favorites for a once a week smoke! Good review but I have never had an issue with the draw you experienced except when smoked ROTT. A little rest and stored at or below 65% seems to get them right at their best. At three months they start to get even better and a year or more rest they become gold.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do