Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Don Pepin Blue Label Lanceros informal Review

This is a discussion on Don Pepin Blue Label Lanceros informal Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Although I do not intend to make a formal review, with all the bells and whistles, I would like to ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Don Pepin Blue Label Lanceros informal Review

Although I do not intend to make a formal review, with all the bells and whistles, I would like to share my experience with this cigar.

I walked in my local cigar store with my freshly brewed, unsweetened, strong coffee in a stainless steel mug. I had a progress report to write for my internship. As I was browsing the humidor, one of the sales people approached me. I explained that I was looking for a thin yet long cigar to go with my coffee. We went over several options before arriving to this Don Pepin.

I used a cedar strip to carefully toast the foot and give the cigar a nice, even cherry. The flavors enthralled me from the first draw. The first sip of coffee complemented the flavor perfectly. The ash was a perfect white right from the start. The cigar was tightly packed, yet the draw was comfortable, and not tiring. After about halfway, I started feeling a little light-headed. I eased on the coffee a little bit.

Overall, I loved the experience. I finished my progress report much faster than I had anticipated, and had ample time to enjoy smoking the rest of the cigar, and only focus on the cigar. This is one of the best cigars I have ever smoked.

Re: Don Pepin Blue Label Lanceros informal Review

Quote Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
    After about halfway, I started feeling a little light-headed. I eased on the coffee a little bit.
    Your priorities are completely correct!

As a newb I've been smoking more fatties than anything. After some reading, listening and a couple of coronas I'm kind of thinking the thinner vitolas may be where it's at. I have an Oliva V lancero resting from a sopping-wet local B&M (head shop is more accurate), can't wait to spark that one up.

Re: Don Pepin Blue Label Lanceros informal Review

I'm happy to see I'm not alone in my liking of slim yet sexy cigars. Please share your experiences with the Oliva V when you've smoked it.