Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Drew Estate Subculture My Uzi Weighs a Ton 6x60 Review

This is a discussion on Drew Estate Subculture My Uzi Weighs a Ton 6x60 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; $6.50 - $11 Strength: Medium-Full Wrapper: San Andres Filler: Nicaraguan, Brazilian Binder: Ecuadorian Connecticut Origin: Nicaragua Brand: Drew Estate Prelight: ...

Drew Estate Subculture My Uzi Weighs a Ton 6x60 Review

$6.50 - $11
    Strength: Medium-Full
    Wrapper: San Andres
    Filler: Nicaraguan, Brazilian
    Binder: Ecuadorian Connecticut
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Brand: Drew Estate

Prelight: Sweet barnyard hay, sweet cedar, earth, leather, powdered cocoa, tea, and cinnamon

1st 1/3
    Dark leather, cocoa, dark tea, earth, pepper and muted cinnamon, toasty facet existent here and a slight sourness, distinctly on the finish, mixed with a slight sweetness.

Burns straight and a perfect draw and cool and as promised a medium to full body
    After trying the Bait Fish vitolas that is sharper in pepper I like the smoothness of this 60 gauge better

2nd 1/3
    Inch and a half before the ash fell off, the pepper smoothed out and the powdered cocoa, sweet cedar, tea and light cinnamon become velvety as I go into the 2nd 1/3

The mouth feel of the smoke is still very thick and chewy and some dark chocolate appears

Last 1/3
    The My Uzi Weighs a Ton reminds me of the flavors of the CroMagnon Aquitaine with its meaty essence
    The flavor profile of the MUWT is not overly complex but a great cigar non the less

And nice addition to Drew's legendary Liga Privada and Undercrown that changed more during the smoke session, with the MUWT's more unchanging flavors from start to finish but the burn was perfect and also the draw and the flavors where still very good.

Score: 8.7 out of 10
    Smoke time: 1hr 35min
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

No longer a community member.

Re: Drew Estate Subculture My Uzi Weighs a Ton 6x60 Review

Nice review. I have one of this vitola lying around somewhere. I have only had the Baitfish, so I'm interesting in tasting this one.

Nice Review, 2C4U
    I've got a Baitfish to burn this weekend.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Conscientious Objector Cardinal's Avatar

Nice review, thanks. I have one of these sitting in the humi, looking forward to trying it out.
    Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor - Splinter

Puffer Fish with some spikes Erphern's Avatar

Had one of these this afternoon, 6"x60, and it was pretty fantastic.

I was ready to be unimpressed - I'd never intentionally choose this vitola, but just happened to pick one up cheap on the devil site a few weeks ago, semi-accidentally (you know how that sort of bidding goes...), and I don't really like DE's marketing. Anyway, I ended up finishing the whole thing and thoroughly enjoying it.

Perfect burn the whole way down! Very smooth, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Erphern View Post
    Had one of these this afternoon, 6"x60, and it was pretty fantastic.

I was ready to be unimpressed - I'd never intentionally choose this vitola, but just happened to pick one up cheap on the devil site a few weeks ago, semi-accidentally (you know how that sort of bidding goes...), and I don't really like DE's marketing. Anyway, I ended up finishing the whole thing and thoroughly enjoying it.

Perfect burn the whole way down! Very smooth, too.
    Great to hear you loved it, how long was it resting before you smoke it?
    I make it a habit to never judge a cigar till it's been given a fair chance to rest and marry the tobacco's a bit but sometimes I can't wait that long

Thanks for the feedback brother
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Puffer Fish with some spikes Erphern's Avatar

It was resting for a little over a month. Not long, but enough to get a bit settled.

I think your review was right on. Not terribly complex, but consistent. Just tasted good the whole time, and the burn never failed. Wish I could say the same about some more expensive "complex" cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Erphern View Post
    It was resting for a little over a month. Not long, but enough to get a bit settled.

I think your review was right on. Not terribly complex, but consistent. Just tasted good the whole time, and the burn never failed. Wish I could say the same about some more expensive "complex" cigars!
    I think DE best sticks are the Undercrown's, I have a blind spot for the Liga Privada's, think there so called refinement cause's them to be too bland compared to the better priced Undercrown.
    I'll wait for someone to give me a Kentucky or Nica Rustica before I pay for one with the mix reviews they are getting