Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; $3. - $5.20 Robusto Extra 5.5 x 50 Country: Honduras Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly ...

Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

$3. - $5.20
    Robusto Extra 5.5 x 50
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro

Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly built cigar with some weight to it.

1st 1/3
    Creamy coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice, medium body.
    Draw a little tight, nice start though.

2nd 1/3
    Perfect straight burn line, creamy sweet now, followed by the coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice and sweet, the flavors work together completely for this cigar very well.

Draw has opened up now.....
    This is turning out to be a surprising stick and even right off the UPS truck, time in the humidor is going to be a treat.

Final 1/3
    Love the light black licorice and sweetness here, all of the above notes still with the symphony in 7 part harmony, getting a Vitamin N buzz now.

The addition of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper is key here I think, my favorite wrapper for sure.

Smoke time: 1hr 20 min
    Score: 9.5 out of 10 (not a 10 because I wanted it to go on)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Puffer Fish with some spikes kra961's Avatar

Re: Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

Great review 2cool, it gets better with time most of mine are now over 400 days and I really hate having to put it out.
    Why is it we never seem to have the time to do something right the first time but always seem to have the time to do it over again.

Maturing Puffer Fish .cigardude.'s Avatar

Thanks for the review.

Never tried that one but sounds like it's got some good flavors i'd like to try.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Your review makes me want to revisit this cigar sooner rather than later. The first one I had seemed kind of bland, but there are 4 more resting.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Rhube View Post
    Your review makes me want to revisit this cigar sooner rather than later. The first one I had seemed kind of bland, but there are 4 more resting.
    I agree. I purchased 5 of these and the first one was pretty bland. I was expecting it to approach the Undercrown based on pre-purchase reviews. I was disappointed. The other 4 are going to rest a bit and this review gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_j View Post
    I agree. I purchased 5 of these and the first one was pretty bland. I was expecting it to approach the Undercrown based on pre-purchase reviews. I was disappointed. The other 4 are going to rest a bit and this review gives me hope.
    I've tried all the sizes of this make and the Muy Bueso (double toro) (Gordo) (6.5"x60) was the very best, worthy of a box
    Leaf/Wrapper ratio comes into play big time on this cigar and I'm sure rest of any of the sizes will make them all winners
    But right of the truck the Muy Bueso (double toro) (Gordo) (6.5"x60) wins and with rest a tasty treat.
    What's also interesting that the Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva line are better to me fresh then when aged
    Last edited by 2COOL4U; 09-10-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Great review brother. I've been meaning to try one of these for some time now... might have to bite the bullet soon.
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Ok, I smoked a second one tonight. It was better. It had a firm draw and did not want to stay lit for the 1st third, but then opened up a bit. By the end I didn't want to put it out. Nice cigar. I'll try to be patient with the other 3 in my humidor. It just didn't knock my socks off like I expected, given all the positive reviews I read about it.

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

I received one in a trade, I guess I will wait a bit before firing it up!

Ok, I smoked a second one tonight. It was better. It had a firm draw and did not want to stay lit for the 1st third, but then opened up a bit. By the end I didn't want to put it out. Nice cigar. I'll try to be patient with the other 3 in my humidor. It just didn't knock my socks off like I expected, given all the positive reviews I read about it.
    Cigar smoking is a personal experience where one cigar is the holy grail while another is a dog rocket to the next guy
    Similar to sitting and watching a sunset and finding the one yesterday better while another loves today's

Quote Originally Posted by 2COOL4U View Post
    Cigar smoking is a personal experience where one cigar is the holy grail while another is a dog rocket to the next guy
    Similar to sitting and watching a sunset and finding the one yesterday better while another loves today's
    I just smoked stick #3 from my 5 pack. You're review made me not give up on these, and I thank you for it. #3 with a little more rest was a winner.

I just smoked stick #3 from my 5 pack. You're review made me not give up on these, and I thank you for it. #3 with a little more rest was a winner.
    Makes me realize not to review a cigar before it has had some rest to season, this cigar seasoned made the Liga Privada #9 I have in a new rest stink compared to this stick at 1/3 the cost and pray the #9 catches up

Stranger ina strange land RTChallenger13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2COOL4U View Post
    Truth in words. With that being said, these Genesis' are easily one of my favorite regulars. I prefer the torpedo myself however.
    No storm or heavy weather will rock the boat... the one who will be king, the watcher in the ring......

Quote Originally Posted by RTChallenger13 View Post
    Truth in words. With that being said, these Genesis' are easily one of my favorite regulars. I prefer the torpedo myself however.
    Funny out of all the sizes the torpedo is my lest likable but OK, I'll trade ya all my torpedo's for......