Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Camacho Criollo Figurado - New Blend

This is a discussion on Camacho Criollo Figurado - New Blend within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Camacho Criollo Figurado - New Blend

Back-story: See this thread for the drama surrounding Camacho’s new branding. They have some pretty wild marketing, and have re-branded everything.

The cigar: Camacho Criollo Figurado (formerly Camacho Havana)

Dimensions: 6 & 1/8 X 54

Country of Origin: Honduras

Cutter: CI Colibri

Lighter: Ronson Jetlight

Prelight impressions: Bought at my B&M, this sucker has been resting for about 3 weeks now. This is a truly beautiful cigar. Slightly spongy to the touch, but not enough to worry me. Smells slightly earthy & sweet. Cut perfectly & the prelight draw is perfect. I absolutely LOVE the label

1/3: Oooh yeah, tingly. Never been as great at describing flavors as some of you, but this sucker is spicy! A lot of cigars taste like black pepper, this one is more like Cayenne right off the bat. After the initial blast, it has calmed down some. Still a little spicy, but only enough to keep it interesting. It has that Camacho, Honduran, hard-to-describe sweetness…..you know what I mean? Anywho the burn is a little jagged & I already had to touch it up once, but this could probably be blamed on Global Warming, or Society, or Miley Cyrus. My point is, it’s been a little warm in my house lately, so less than ideal storage conditions = less than ideal burn.

2/3: 1 more touch-up required. Still enjoying the crap outta it though. So far it’s fairly one-dimensional, but what the heck, I like that dimension. Little bit of spice, little bit of sweetness. It tastes remarkably similar to the old blend, which apparently is still available on a lot of sites. Towards the end of this section I removed the label & giggled a little at what was underneath.

3/3: This is one of those cigars that builds in intensity as it goes. It’s not overwhelmingly strong, but it does pack a punch. It did require 1 last touch up, then it was good until the end. Getting pretty spicy again towards the finish.

In Summary: Camacho’s website claims that in a blind taste test this “slammed top cubans”. I dunno if I’d go that far, but it was a pretty enjoyable stick. I found them for $120 for a box of 20 cigars, which works out to $6 a stick. I don’t think a box will be in my future, but I might up a 5-er for cheap.

Smoking time: 2 hours

Appearance: 8/10

Burn: 5/10

Draw: 10/10

Flavor: 7/10

Value: 6/10
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Re: Camacho Criollo Figurado - New Blend

Thanks! I will have to try one. While I dont dislike the new branding, im sill partial to the old style.
    Keep calm and burn one!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review bro, I always liked Camacho and the old label glad to see the new blend is so similar. I gotta tell the truth- the new labels are growing on me

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

I vote Miley Cyrus (that poor dumb little girl).

I smoked my first of these a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. I didn't have any of the burn issues you experienced (f-ing Miley). Flavors were solid; rich, spicy, and sweet. I think I've enjoyed everything I've smoked from Camacho.

Thanks for the review.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised it had so many issues. The construction "appeared" to be excellent & it's was resting at 65 for a few weeks

Camacho makes a pretty good cigar & I'm in no way giving up on them.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-