Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review

This is a discussion on RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; $5. - $7. 5 X 56 Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Ligero Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder from Esteli, ...

RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review

RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review-roma-craft-tobac-aquitaine-emh.jpg$5. - $7.
    5 X 56
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Ligero
    Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder from Esteli, Condega and Pueblo Nuevo

Prelight: Earthy, sugarcane, cedar, some leather, and soft spice notes

1st 1/3
    Meaty flavors, cedar, sugar, cocoa and earthy and some cinnamon and clove notes also.
    Burning very straight and putting off some standing smoke from the oils

Has a very nice aroma coming off the foot and the meaty flavors are standing out as the most enjoyable aspect of a this additive cigar

2nd 1/3
    The complexity to the flavors come together very nicely with the addition of spice notes.
    Still picking up some cinnamon and clove notes, and going well with the cocoa and earthy notes.

Still has the sweet cedar and leather notes going with a wonderful smooth finish.
    The burn line on the cigar is still perfect with a nice light gray white ash.
    Coming off as a medium full in strength and love the 56 ring gauge size.

Last 1/3
    Flavor profile very similar to the second third but smoother and creamer.
    Some tobacco along with the leather, sweet cedar, earth, some Asian spice and cocoa.

A perfect cigar in terms of the flavors and it's complexity with lots of depth.
    The body and strength are still between medium/medium full and smoking cool with lots of smoke being giving off.

Still an even burn line with a solid light gray white ash and taking it's time to fall off.
    While different from the CroMagnon EMH, I found the meaty notes of the Aquitaine more enjoyable.

I feel that the Aquitaine is more balanced and complex then the original CroMagnon and I could smoke one everyday and enjoy it.

I got a box of both the original CroMagnon EMH and the Aquitaine EMH, with the Aquitaine EMH being the best to me.
    A cigar worthy to be smoke down to a nub and wanting another.

Smoke time: 1hr 25min
    Score 10 out of 10
    RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review-roma-craft-tobac-aquitaine-emh-copy.jpg
    Last edited by 2COOL4U; 09-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

Conscientious Objector Cardinal's Avatar

Re: RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH Review

Another good review, thanks. I've smoked a few others you've reviewed and noticed I must have similar tastes, so I really want to try this one.

I especially like that cinnamon flavor - suppose that comes from the Cameroon binder?
    Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor - Splinter

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

This is one of my favorite cigars out there... Definitely more complex than the CroMag due to the EHL wrapper. I absolutely LOVE the stuff that RoMa puts out. You get A LOT for your $$$ when you buy their product.

Good review
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Alpha Puffer Fish

Man, keep hearing about these, need to try one someday. Sounds right up my alley.
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Still learning how to add pictures
    Thanks everyone!

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Maybe (?) my favorite cigar right now. (Note: I just posted the other day that I think the PadrAnni26#9 was my fav. So sue me.) (Note on my note: That's pretty good company for a $6 cigar,eh?)
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by B-daddy View Post
    Maybe (?) my favorite cigar right now. (Note: I just posted the other day that I think the PadrAnni26#9 was my fav. So sue me.) (Note on my note: That's pretty good company for a $6 cigar,eh?)

Couldn't agree more Brian! You have good taste too it seems.

Great minds think alike!

BTW... Look at the ash on that sexy thing above! Wow!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Puffer Fish with many spikes pippin925's Avatar

Great review, i think its spot on. The Aquitaine has become my go to cigar.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." T. Roosevelt

Young Puffer Fish

Favorite Vitola of Aquitaine?

Quote Originally Posted by 2COOL4U View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	80447$5. - $7.
    5 X 56
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Ligero
    Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder from Esteli, Condega and Pueblo Nuevo

Prelight: Earthy, sugarcane, cedar, some leather, and soft spice notes

1st 1/3
    Meaty flavors, cedar, sugar, cocoa and earthy and some cinnamon and clove notes also.
    Burning very straight and putting off some standing smoke from the oils

Has a very nice aroma coming off the foot and the meaty flavors are standing out as the most enjoyable aspect of a this additive cigar

2nd 1/3
    The complexity to the flavors come together very nicely with the addition of spice notes.
    Still picking up some cinnamon and clove notes, and going well with the cocoa and earthy notes.

Still has the sweet cedar and leather notes going with a wonderful smooth finish.
    The burn line on the cigar is still perfect with a nice light gray white ash.
    Coming off as a medium full in strength and love the 56 ring gauge size.

Last 1/3
    Flavor profile very similar to the second third but smoother and creamer.
    Some tobacco along with the leather, sweet cedar, earth, some Asian spice and cocoa.

A perfect cigar in terms of the flavors and it's complexity with lots of depth.
    The body and strength are still between medium/medium full and smoking cool with lots of smoke being giving off.

Still an even burn line with a solid light gray white ash and taking it's time to fall off.
    While different from the CroMagnon EMH, I found the meaty notes of the Aquitaine more enjoyable.

I feel that the Aquitaine is more balanced and complex then the original CroMagnon and I could smoke one everyday and enjoy it.

I got a box of both the original CroMagnon EMH and the Aquitaine EMH, with the Aquitaine EMH being the best to me.
    A cigar worthy to be smoke down to a nub and wanting another.

Smoke time: 1hr 25min
    Score 10 out of 10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine EMH copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	80446
    Great review! Anyone have any input on your favorite vitola in this line?

Re: Favorite Vitola of Aquitaine?

Quote Originally Posted by hoser45 View Post
    Great review! Anyone have any input on your favorite vitola in this line?

EMH is my fave, followed by the Cranium. However...Mike Rosales hooked me up with a "Blockhead" (Box-press Toro) version of the Aquitaine this past weekend, & I gotta say...WOW, I really enjoyed it! Only prob is...you really can't buy it lol.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

@2COOL4U
    Reading your review after smoking one!! But thx. It put the finger on my experience.
    I agree that it's a very fine cigar!
    Ash fell after about 2-2 1/2 inches. the rest hung on tip I had to put it down.
    Mine started burning hot and had to let it go out with about an inch left. Maybe I began to smoke it too fast!
    I will be buying more.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

The angel white ash looks amazing. Ive tried the Knuckle Dragger, guess Ill have to search around for this one as well!

Pippin925 hooked me up with an aquitaine and it was great. I will have to give this a try.

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review! Very glad you liked them! I have the The Aquitaine Cometh Sampler & The Intemperance Volstead Sampler on the way right now looking forward to seeing how my pallet matches up: good review