Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

La Sirena Divine Review

This is a discussion on La Sirena Divine Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; La Sirena Divine (5.5"x52) Well constructed No prominent veins Toothy wrapper Pre-light draw is firm with nice leathery aroma The ...

La Sirena Divine Review

La Sirena Divine (5.5"x52)

Well constructed
    No prominent veins
    Toothy wrapper

Pre-light draw is firm with nice leathery aroma

The first 1/3rd I get leather and a hint of caramel mixed with a floral taste. Mild to medium. Draw is firm, burn line is razor sharp, holds an ash well.

Into the second 1/3rd new flavor emerges of roasted chestnuts, woodsy flavor .. caramel is fading ,
    Picking up some more strength
    Ash is tight and light,
    Burn remains perfect.
    The flavor is reminiscent of other Don Pepin Garcia blends but distinct and not peppery.

Into the final 1/3rd
    Bolder with continued Woodsy flavor some pepper on the retrohale
    Burn line is still crisp
    A bit dry on the palate toward the final puffs

I smoked this one to the nub. Very good cigar. Excellent construction filled with subtle flavors that change over the course of the smoke. I would say medium bodied.

Value ... at $11 a stick MSRP, hard to get too excited about this stick. Like other Don Pepin offerings it is a matter of taste but definitely worth a try.

I'll give it 4/5.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Re: La Sirena Divine Review

That is a really interesting looking band. Never seen one shaped like a star. Nice.
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Re: La Sirena Divine Review

Great review. Pepin is D'man.