Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Gurkha Red Witch Review

This is a discussion on Gurkha Red Witch Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Gurkha Red Witch Size: Robusto Strength: Medium-Full Wrapper: Ecuadorian Binder: Dominican Filler: Ecuadorian Jalapa Price: $5 Storage: 1 months ...

Gurkha Red Witch Review

Cigar: Gurkha Red Witch
    Size: Robusto
    Strength: Medium-Full
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian
    Binder: Dominican
    Filler: Ecuadorian Jalapa
    Price: $5
    Storage: 1 months 65%rh

Initial Impression/Prelight

This cigar had a moderate construction. Nothing too special but no flaws either.
    It has a nice box pressed shape. The Red Witch gives off a slightly sweet pre-light aroma.
    The draw is nice and easy, I did a punch cut. It has a haylike taste to it.

1st Third
    The inital flavor to hit my pallet was pepper and it had plenty of smoke. It had a slight coffee aftertaste.
    The pepper is present for a for a while before transitioning into a stronger coffee flavor that intensifies as it progresses.
    A very spicy after taste also developed.

2nd Third

The second third starts by backing off any lingering pepper from the pallet and replaces it with a pleasant nutty flavor similar to a mild pecan. When this happens I found it to have a nice woodsy aftertaste. These flavor are complimented towards the end of this third with an earthy finish.

Final Third

The final third is like an after dinner drink. Not that it tasted like a mint but it was a nice creamy finish.
    The nutty flavor remains prevalent but little to no hints of pepper or spice.
    Overall Impressions
    Wow, I had have to say given the description of the cigar I was not expecting much from it but I was gladly mistaken. There were plenty of smooth transitions with no bitter or harsh tastes. It burned nicely, no issues at all. Of the 3 East Indies Cigars, the Wicked Indie, the Rogue, and the Red Witch, this is hands down my favor followed by the Wicked Indie. Give it a try it is worth every penny.

Appearance: 9/15 Nothing to write home about, but nothing to dock it for either
    Flavor: 20/25 Plenty of flavors and smooth transitions
    Smoking characteristics: 25/25 Nice Medium/Full body smoke and no burning issues.
    Overall impression and value: 30/35 Sure there are better sticks out there but for the price I think everyone should give it a chance.
    Total: 84/100 Great budget stick that I look forward to having again.

No longer a community member.

Re: Gurkha Red Witch Review

Nice review, Ryan! I had wondered about these.

Young Puffer Fish

I had one of these a couple months back and really enjoyed it myself. I'm glad to hear you had a similar experience.

Say it aint so! Puffers actually admitting that they enjoyed a Gurkha?

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Hell I'll admit to liking the Triple Lijero...I've smoked a fair amount if those !
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!