Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flor de Oliva Review

This is a discussion on Flor de Oliva Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I just smoked one of these tonight and I loved it. Prelight draw tasted sweet with a tobacco taste (at ...

Full grown Puffer Fish azn_fury's Avatar

Flor de Oliva Review

I just smoked one of these tonight and I loved it. Prelight draw tasted sweet with a tobacco taste (at least that is how I tasted it). First half had hints of sweetness in the smoke and second half was not as sweet but had a hint of caramelish flavor with lots of white smoke. It started to burn a bit crooked towards the half way point but it corrected itself. I love this cigar and I'm glad I got a bundle.
    God created turbo lag to tease V-8's.

Re: Flor de Oliva

Good choice. Glad to see ya picked up a cheap one that ya found you do like. They get better with a little rest on them.

Do you mind if I asked where ya picked them up at? Local ( since we are in the same area ) or Internet?

Stacey

No longer a community member. papajohn67's Avatar

These come in a bundle? Was thinking of giving them a try. Seem to recall CI carry's them.

Azn... which one did u smoke? I smoke 90% non-cuban, but the FDO cameroon is one of my goto nons, and i love giving them away cuz they have alot of flavor and if you dont like it TOSS IT!
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...eys/AR15-1.gif A Person that says something cant be done, shouldn't interrupt me actually fukking doing it! http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ys/LAR15-1.gif

[SIZE="4"]
    Icehog3 and pnoon '08
    Rock the Vote
    [/SIZE]

I won them on cigar auctioneer. $15.00 I don't know if that is a good deal or not but it was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
    Azn... which one did u smoke? I smoke 90% non-cuban, but the FDO cameroon is one of my goto nons, and i love giving them away cuz they have alot of flavor and if you dont like it TOSS IT!
    I got the natural.

Quote Originally Posted by azn_fury View Post
    I won them on cigar auctioneer. $15.00 I don't know if that is a good deal or not but it was cheap.

Not a bad price at all. I would pay that myself Thanks for the info.

Stacey

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Nice review. I still believe they are the best buy for the money. I've tried the natural, corojo,,and the maduro. They are all good.
    A good cigar is like: ahh--err--uhmm--dah--uh--duh--well-sorta like just any another wonderful cigar.

The only fish with a halo The Saint's Avatar

FdO are just a great cigar at a great price.
    Watch for the sign of the Saint..he will be back!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Fireman_UK's Avatar

I just recieved a bundle of the natural's this morning, so these will be my go-to for the next month or so. They really are a great smoke for the price IMO.

"The other night, one of the guys lit two matches by mistake, it was the biggest fire these guys have ever seen." Dennis Leary as Tommy Gavin, Rescue Me.

Sneaky Bombin Bastage catfishm2's Avatar

Before I discovered Tampa Sweethearts, the FdO Maduro was my everyday cigar. It's an excellent value in an inexpensive smoke. I never had any construction or burn problems with any that I smoked.
    "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."..... Logan Pearsall Smith

FDO's are great. That reminds me, I need to put a bundle in my to buy list.
    Scott

For cigar reviews, news and more: http://www.cigarchoice.net

Elder Puffer Fish Leader txdyna65's Avatar

Nice review, agree with all said here, I have a bunch of singles, havent smoked one in a month or so, but def. a good smoke.

Puffer Fish with many spikes xxwaldoxx's Avatar

Good review.

Ive had the Corojo, Natural and Maduro and have to say that the Natural is my favorite.

I used to buy them by the fist full at my local B&M when i stopped in. Unfortunately, my B&M raised the price to 2.50 each from 1.50 so i havent bought any since. This seemed kind of backwards because i seem to remember the price on the FdO line dropping a couple bucks a bundle.

Im going to have to get a bundle sometime, they are definately worth it.

Walt White