Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Argyle - Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Argyle - Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Hum Stat: 66 deg, 73%RH Initial thoughts: Cigar Band: Impressive yuppie-looking band for a $1 cigar Cigar: Smooth light-brown color ...

Young Fish

Argyle - Robusto Review

Hum Stat: 66 deg, 73%RH

Initial thoughts:
    Cigar Band: Impressive yuppie-looking band for a $1 cigar
    Cigar: Smooth light-brown color with 2 large veins showing
    Smell: Barely noticeable "cigar" smell
    Cut: Easy with Palio
    Initial draw: Easy with slight sweet taste on lips
    Toast: Had to put some efforts to get this one to light evenly

Puffing time: Feels like I'm smoking "humidified" air. Warm, moist, and almost tasteless. I can hold the smoke in my mouth for a long time without any burning feeling. Finally start to taste some sweetness & creme about 1/2 inch into the smoke. Now I'm "feeeling" this cigar more as the smoothness (or lack of any taste) continues throughout the whole cigar. Strong gray-brown ash and even burn.

Final thoughts: A great cigar for a first time smoker (yes, for a true virgin). Another great cigar when you don't want to "piss" off non-smoker due to strong second hand smoke. I would keep a handful these in my humidor (due to the low price, not for the taste) when I want to smoke a very-mild cigar (which is seldom). Maybe it would taste better if I wear my Argyle sweater...NOT!

Happy puffing!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish c-poc's Avatar

Re: Argyle - Robusto

Thanks for the review! Keep it up
    "El Paso... I spent a month there one night!"