Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada No 55 Review

This is a discussion on Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada No 55 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada No 55 Review

[SIZE=3]Iíve been riding the AF hate train for a bit now so it was with great reluctance that I picked out a Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada No 55. It certainly wasnít the amazing looks on the stick that gave me pause. Its tall and dark, its thick body wrapped in cedar. AF does one of the best jobs in putting out things that look like stuff you want to own and old #55 looks as good as anything they make. It smells of earth and licorice before its lit which is curiously enticing, especially as I donít even like licorice. The prelit draw is the same, nice sweet undertones and easy as a waterfall. The stick has not a soft spot on it, its tight but not overly so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Once lit this stick makes big gouts of smoke, mouthfuls of it come easy on the pull. Its deep with a complex flavor profile and notes of coffee, earth, nice spices that arenít spicy and little bits of pepper. It also has hints of either caramel or honey, I canít be sure of which. Each puff tastes consistently good but also has differences from the one before it and the one after. It was the easiest cigar to take my time with ever because I was constantly analyzing the wonder that had just passed through my mouth. I lit her uneven and without a touchup she corrects herself which is always admirable. The stick does get very loose and hot at the nub thus the point off in construction.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]This stick takes a bit of a hit in the value department mainly because its tough to find em at MSRP and since they can range anywhere from $10-$30 its hard to give them a good grade. At MSRP itís a steal, buy as many as you can carry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Appearance Ė 10[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Construction Ė 9[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Flavor Ė 10[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Value Ė 8[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Overall Experience -10[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Overall Grade Ė 9.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Final Verdict ĖA must smoke, must stock. Iíve found a dozen cigars (including the Opus X) that seem to be getting by on reputation alone. This stick is not one of those and is a truly great cigar.[/SIZE]
    Look for the book on iTunes and Amazon starting Jan 9, 2012!
    Web: http://www.addydaauthor.com, Twitter : @Addy_da_Author

Re: Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada No 55

Great read Bryan, i think i will bring the same one with me when I meet you tomorrow in Leesburg.

Quote Originally Posted by clampdown View Post
    Great read Bryan, i think i will bring the same one with me when I meet you tomorrow in Leesburg.
    I loved this thing If I had the room I'd be hunting up a box of them.

More, more, more

Sounds like you really dug the #55. If you haven't already, try some of the other Anejos--each has, to me, a significant variation in the flavor profile from the other sizes in the line. In addition to the Shark, I'm partial to the #46, which packs a real punch because of its smaller size.

Quote Originally Posted by muziq View Post
    Sounds like you really dug the #55. If you haven't already, try some of the other Anejos--each has, to me, a significant variation in the flavor profile from the other sizes in the line. In addition to the Shark, I'm partial to the #46, which packs a real punch because of its smaller size.
    Typically I hate smaller ring gauge cigars, they seem to require a lot of work to make the amount of smoke I enjoy. We'll see but thats where my head is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

I loved this thing If I had the room I'd be hunting up a box of them.
    Ill take the box we can put the extra in some pouches for you. Remember, Im always for a box split on these guys.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tiptone's Avatar

Typically I hate smaller ring gauge cigars, they seem to require a lot of work to make the amount of smoke I enjoy. We'll see but thats where my head is right now.
    If it's smoke volume you seek then small RG cigars are probably not going to deliver. I prefer them because of the amount of wrapper flavor they provide, but nothing beats a Toro/Robusto for sheer volume of smoke produced.

Addiction join the Anejo Jones club. Once you have been stuck by an Anejo nothing else soothes you the same. The #55 is Awesome but to feel the real wrath you need to try a shark.
    "Sweet Sugary Goodness"

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Papichulo's Avatar

Thanks for the review! I love these
    Chao!

Irukandji Boxed Jellyfish montecristo#2's Avatar

I wouldn't consider the Anejo #46 to be a small RG (the number corresponds to the RG on all anejos except the #77 shark), it is just the smallest regular release anejo. At least for me, a small RG is about 42-44 or less.

If you get a chance, I recommend the anejo #50, it is a robusto. Great flavor and a great size, it is my favorite.

I didn't spend six years in evil graduate school to be called Mister, thank you very much.

GAW

Nice review Bryon and glad you found a Fuente you liked.Very different ,and IMO also the best of the breed ,from other Fuente's.They probably deserve their reputation.Too bad they aren't more available. Jerry

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes rottenzombie's Avatar

Thanks for the review I'll have to try one..Darn you..oh no the slope..

look out it's slippery..

Nice review Bryan! Yea, Anejos have this magical ability of making you want to empty your pockets for these dark beauties.
    A-P is still down....

Big Country Flavor Marlboro Cigars's Avatar

Nice review.

Nice review.

Next to Padron these are my favorite Anejo. Heavy stick for sure.

Thanks again for your review.
    Smoke-em if you got em

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast