Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Charlotte - Outland

This is a discussion on Charlotte - Outland within the North Carolina forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Outland Cigars 14815 John J. Delaney Dr., Ste. 160 Charlotte, NC 28277 Phone: 704.369.5500 http://www.outlandcigars.com Located in Ballantyne Village next ...

Charlotte - Outland

Outland Cigars
    14815 John J. Delaney Dr., Ste. 160
    Charlotte, NC 28277
    Phone: 704.369.5500
    http://www.outlandcigars.com

Located in Ballantyne Village next to Village Bistro

Hours: 10am-9pm Monday-Thursday
    10am-11pm Friday & Saturday
    Closed Sundays OPEN for Football Season
    Club Open Tuesday evenings for special events only

My comments. Nice selection of cigars. The sales people are hands off and let you browse freely, they do have CCTV and some etiquette rules. The rules are common sense and made me laugh. I have not been in the club section but the pictures look inviting. They itemize the taxes on the receipt. Which is unlike other B&M's around Charlotte.
    Last edited by pnoon; 08-11-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Studebaker's Avatar

Re: Charlotte - Outland

I didn't stay to smoke, but went in to look around yesterday after meetings nearby. The manager showed me the club section because there was no one else in the store. Very nice, and nice selection of sticks. The club is a little pricey but probably worth it if you have that kind of spare change. I'm assuming you have to join if you want to sit and smoke there.
    The early worm is for the birds.

Can walk again.

I recently met the owner and he is a super nice guy. He has invited me down to have a cigar or two. They are opening another shop in the Southpark area very close to the Tinder Box. The TB people (Mr. Cass) isn't taking it too well.

Been wanting to check this spot out. When you say "pricey"..........exactly what would you mean by that???
    Swift1
    "New Vice, New Friends, Good Times"

Dropped by the tinderbox last time I was in Charlotte it was very nice! Can't imagine a much nicer store but I am very new to all this.

Can walk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift1 View Post
    Been wanting to check this spot out. When you say "pricey"..........exactly what would you mean by that???
    They have tiers of membership. At the top, you get the key, alarm code and have access to the lounge 24/7. Don't know the exact cost on the tiers though.

BTW, Mr. Cass's Tinder Box can kiss me arse!
    Last edited by NCRadioMan; 11-26-2008 at 11:45 PM.

whoops sorry mate didn't mean to stir any pots.

Can walk again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    whoops sorry mate didn't mean to stir any pots.
    You not stirring anything, bro. That's just my feelings about the owner of the TB's in Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. Others may feel different. He actually tried to talk the owner of Outland out of starting the shop to begin with over a year ago "because the economy is bad". Evidently, Outland is doing very well to open the second shop. He simply doesn't like competition. Especially now that Outland's second store is very close to his.

Thanks for that info. I'll be checking this spot out.

BTW.....such strong words for the TB......

Don't hold back....
    Swift1
    "New Vice, New Friends, Good Times"

Young Puffer Fish CigarDetective's Avatar

I stopped in there a few weeks ago. The lady that helped me was super nice. Their prices were a little on the high side, but I guess every B&M store is, compared to online retailers. I will stop in again.

Tatuaje/Illusione Whore SkinsFanLarry's Avatar

McRainey's is a good shop in Charlotte too. They have a 2nd shop out towards Gastonia I believe.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Yeah at the last t b function the owner mr cass was there and he didnt like what I had to say about having to buy full box of RP hr 500s to get autograph on a shirt or ball he didn't like my comment very much neither did mr. Sheffield ( forgot spelling) who over Hurd me say that f$&& rediclous just to get him to autograph something and be stuck with a bunch of cigar I personly won't smoke but that is my little story I though I'd share lol